The Saga Begins

Moderator: Moderators

JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

I agree that the song was pretty well, but the video stunk. Unlike most other videos, nothing much happened.
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

louietheweaselfaceddogboy @ November 01, 2009 04:03 am wrote: Ah, the times when n00bs are conversing...
It seems most of the time, the conversation just goes on and we ignore them.. :lol:

Not sure if they're serious though.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

We should have a filter so we can filter out people below 100 posts, that way us old hands dont have to see it.

I like TSB
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
WAYFan
Addicted

Re: The Saga Begins

Post by WAYFan »

I just found a hilarious Al parody mix-up on another parody (from several months ago) of "American Pie" by Hank Green of the VlogBrothers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdK-arqJD1g
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

WAYFan wrote:I just found a hilarious Al parody mix-up on another parody (from several months ago) of "American Pie" by Hank Green of the VlogBrothers!

That kind of has nothing to do whatsoever with this topic. It's pretty cool anyway, but still...
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

WAYFan wrote:I just found a hilarious Al parody mix-up on another parody (from several months ago) of "American Pie" by Hank Green of the VlogBrothers!

HAAAAAAAAANK!!! I remember that.
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Can someone explain the joke at the end of the video for this song where there are all the Weird Als singing the chorus? I assume it has something to do with clones, but I never saw the Star Wars prequels.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
StinkyCheese

Post by StinkyCheese »

TMBJon wrote:Can someone explain the joke at the end of the video for this song where there are all the Weird Als singing the chorus? I assume it has something to do with clones, but I never saw the Star Wars prequels.
I would just assume it's that. I saw the 3 prequels when they came out, but never again. That's probably what it is though.

I love this song. I remember when it came out it was the summer before 7th grade, and when I got back to school I had this classmate who was extremely ticked off, that Al would "Make fun" of people dying in a plane crash. But I never thought of it that way. It may have been different to me if it would have been made into a song like Fat or something with a bunch of jokes, but Al took it pretty seriously and was just straight forward about what happened in the movie, and because of that, It's a great song to me. I know he didn't do it to disrespect those who died, I don't think Don McLean would have let him anyway, if that was the case.
My significant other is German. Does that mean they will make me eat a BIG BOWL OF SOURKROUT?!
Way_Moby
Obsessed

Post by Way_Moby »

StinkyCheese wrote:I love this song. I remember when it came out it was the summer before 7th grade, and when I got back to school I had this classmate who was extremely ticked off, that Al would "Make fun" of people dying in a plane crash. But I never thought of it that way. It may have been different to me if it would have been made into a song like Fat or something with a bunch of jokes, but Al took it pretty seriously and was just straight forward about what happened in the movie, and because of that, It's a great song to me. I know he didn't do it to disrespect those who died, I don't think Don McLean would have let him anyway, if that was the case.
So your friend thinks that HEARING about Buddy Holly's death 20 years after the fact was sadder than SEEING Qui Gon-Jinn die? :p HaHa, just kidding.

I agree. I really like how Al took the song super serious to emphasize what Obi-Wan probably felt. It's just so funny. ;)
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

StinkyCheese wrote:
TMBJon wrote:Can someone explain the joke at the end of the video for this song where there are all the Weird Als singing the chorus? I assume it has something to do with clones, but I never saw the Star Wars prequels.
I would just assume it's that. I saw the 3 prequels when they came out, but never again. That's probably what it is though.
I doubt it was something about "Attack of the Clones" unless there was a confirmation of the title/plot back in 1999. "Clones"came out in 2002.