Germs

Moderator: Moderators

UnderSupervision
Occasional

Post by UnderSupervision »

I thought that it was obvious that it was a style parody since the first thing that came to mind when I heard it was NIN. I'll go listen to Terrible Lie though. I'm pretty curious.
"We call him Cone because he tastes good when you lick him"

-Steve Jocz
Eithne
Obsessed

Post by Eithne »

algonacchick @ Aug 12 2007, 10:06 PM wrote: I have a sheer net shirt similar to the one Al wore, except the whole thing is netting. I wear a black cami underneath. I like it. The only way to make it more like Al's would be to rip it in a few spots, but it's not happening. I do love that outfit, and the way Al slid down the mic stand during the live performance.  :9~
:blink: wow... that sounds... nice </understatement>

*is in state of shock*

Germs is a song I can hear over and over (and still don't feel the need to buy antibacterial soap! lol)

er... he slid down the mic stand??

:9~
I'm not comfortable in my comfort zone - it's poorly named.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yes, he did! You must get a copy of "Weird Al" Yankovic Live. Then, you can watch him do that over and over again.... :9~ It's a great performance on that dvd.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Eithne
Obsessed

Post by Eithne »

algonacchick @ Aug 20 2007, 07:59 PM wrote: Yes, he did! You must get a copy of "Weird Al" Yankovic Live. Then, you can watch him do that over and over again.... :9~ It's a great performance on that dvd.
Thank you!! I will :D

*senses 'weird' shopping happening soon*

I loved seeing him live and when I heard Albuquerque again (the recording) I was all happy (remembering him staring right at me in the performance). Hearing that and other songs just makes me want to see him and the band live again! I'll have to get the DVD to maintain a state of good mental health while I wait :P

oh, I also love the deep voice "microscopic bacteria" bit that's in the song - I always giggle -- kinda like I know that would make me giggle if I were 5 years old.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Yeah, that's Steve's low, lovely voice, although it is pre-recorded in that performance. I coud listen to that man talk all day.... :inlove:
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Eithne
Obsessed

Post by Eithne »

algonacchick @ Aug 20 2007, 08:26 PM wrote: Yeah, that's Steve's low, lovely voice, although it is pre-recorded in that performance. I coud listen to that man talk all day.... :inlove:
I'm listening to the song right now 8) (again!) "...they're out to get me... ...it kinda upsets me..." lol

not to wander off topic but I heard samples of Steve's albums and I can't wait to order them :) Is there a "Steve is Brilliant"-type topic floating around somewhere? I can't imagine Al songs without such talented people working with him.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

Germs is an all right song. I hate NIN's "Closer" so much, that it's difficult for me to enjoy Al's song that much.
Poptronixx
Die-hard Fan

Post by Poptronixx »

I love Germs and it's a fab song! :peace:
Annie27
Addicted

Re: Germs

Post by Annie27 »

I'm not sure what it is about this song, but I love it. :accordion:
Concerts: 5/30/15
6/24/16
3/25/18
7/06/19

"I have to assume my enemies are idiots"- Al Yankovic
Devoted Al fan since the very young age of two
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Re: Germs

Post by Yankomaniac »

It is because it is "Weird Al" Yankovic and you are a big fan I guess.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!