Way behind here, but I recently obtained a copy of Running With Scissors, and if I may...
The Saga Begins: 10/10
- I friggin' love this song. Not only do I like the song American Pie, but the parody's lyrics are so catchy I can't help but sing along. And I don't really like Star Wars all that much.
My Baby's In Love With Eddie Vedder: 8/10
- I have to be honest and say I didn't know who Eddie Vedder was until after I heard this song and was obligated to look him up on Wikipedia. Despite this, the song gets funnier as it goes on, and is pretty enjoyable. Your typical Al song poking fun at a relatively harmless celebrity.
Pretty Fly For A Rabbi: 8/10
- For some reason, Al thinks he can make his fans laugh by inserting a bunch of Yiddish into a song. Well, he's at least partially right.
The Weird Al Show Theme: 9/10
- It's short, it's goofy, but I really like this song. Although, I think the music goes on for a little too long after the last line.
Jerry Springer: 6/10
- Well, it's definitely one of Al's edgier songs. I don't really care for it, nor do I care for the show itself. I like the melody however, although I guess that ought to be attributed to the original song.
- Wow. This has got to be the creepiest song I've ever heard about something you teach 5-year old kids about. Regardless, I enjoy listening to it every now and again.
Polka Power!: 9/10
- This is one of my favorite polka medleys. Hearing Al take a song and polka-fy it is a lot funnier when you've heard the song in its original, boring, un-polka'd form.
Your Horoscope For Today: 8/10
- This song has grown on me since I first listened to it. The first time I heard it, I thought, "Yeah, horoscopes, whatever." But I think about the horoscopes more and more each time I hear them, and now I think this song is great. I like my horoscope a lot, and I don't doubt it will happen.
It's All About The Pentiums: 9/10
- No explanation needed, hm?
Truck Drivin' Song: 10/10
- While it's not my favorite Al song, I still love it because it starts off like a perfectly normal "truck drivin'" song. You can't even expect a twist from the title. Then the high heels line comes in, and it becomes hilarious.
Grapefruit Diet: 8/10
- The fat jokes stuck in are similar to those of Fat, but I like the original song and the lyrics are still pretty funny.
- See It's All About The Pentiums. Also, one of my favorite lines: "'Nah, I want you to cut off my arms and legs with a chainsaw!' So I did."