Running With Scissors Song By Song Review

Moderator: Moderators

ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

algonacchick @ Jun 12 2008, 10:52 PM wrote: No. Just...no. He scares me. Must be the Jeremy video. He was pretty creepy in it. That's the image that's stuck in my brain.
Wow... :o thats my favourite!
Oh well.. boring world if we were all the same I guess.

I have a feeling you would be totally freaked out by most of my exes then!! :lol:
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

You can not say he didn't have a crazed look in his eye, though.

C'est la vie, I guess. But, yeah, because of that creepy vibe Eddie gave off, MBILWEV made sense to me, because of how far-fetched it would seem, and how hurt Al seemed to be about it all. Given the choice between Eddie and Al, I'd take Al.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Hey! I'd take Al too... You'll have to fight me for him!! :lol:
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
Mashed Potato
Off The Deep End

Post by Mashed Potato »

The Saga Begins- 8/10 Its gotten Old, but the interest will come back sometime soon

My Babys in love with eddie vedder- 10/10 LOOOOve the vocals and the accordion WAY live is always pictured in my head when I hear this

Pretty Fly For A Rabbi- 5/10 its alright but not my favorite

Weird Al Show Theme- 7/10 what can I say? its a theme song

Jerry Springer- 8/10 I am impressed by his ability to sing that fast.. I can't even talk that fast. Great song when you listen to the lyrics

Germs- 10/10 If you picture WAY live in your head... :wub:

Polka Power!- 9/10 I think this is one of my favorite polkas

Your Horoscope for today- 9/10 Great song, my horoscope cracks me up every time

Its all about the pentiums- 8/10 its gotten old, same as TSB

Truck Driving Song- 27/10 I fell off my chair listening to this.. Such a great song

Grapefruit Diet- 8/10 I really like this song.. I don't know why but I really do :P

Albuquerque- 10/10 Honestly, best story EVER filled with violence, romance and much more. I wish this was my life story. :D
SWIGGITY SWOOTY
dynaboyj
Occasional

Re: Running With Scissors Song By Song Review

Post by dynaboyj »

Okay...I don't own any albums of Al's, so I just listened to the songs in order on YouTube (thankfully, they had them all).

The Saga Begins--Very cool song. I'm not a very big Star Wars fan, but this song is one of my favorites (to be honest, it's mainly because of the American Pie tune, which unfortunately Al did not compose). Love the video, too. 9/10

My Baby's in Love With Eddie Vedder--The rhyming always gets to me in this song during the bridge and the chorus. The Alanis Morisette (sp?) reference at the end was hysterical as well. The only two things it could do without are the irritating accordion breaks between the lines of the verses and the usage of "sexy." 7/10

Pretty Fly For a Rabbi--Well, to be honest, the video I watched it with was much more amusing then the song...and now I feel like a bad excuse for a Jew--I didn't get half of the Yiddish jokes! 5.7/10

Weird Al Show Theme--A filler. And that's all I have to say about that. 3/10

Jerry Springer--One of Al's crueler songs, shall we say...I really didn't like it. 4/10

Germs--Awesome! And I never even listened to NIN! I especially love the parts in the pre-choruses where he sounds kind of like a wimp. You know, with "Hey, don't touch that, you don't know where it's been!" and stuff like that. 9.6/10

Polka Power!--My favorite polka, mainly because I've heard almost all the songs in it (despite that these are all songs from '97 and '98 and I was born in '99). There are only three parts I could do without--Backstreet's Back, Push, and The Dope Show (which sucks anyway). 8/10

TO BE CONTINUED
Last edited by dynaboyj on Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
JCM
Off The Deep End
Awards: Most Annoying User

Post by JCM »

Gah! My eyes!
How old was that last signature? I mean, really?
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

dynaboyj wrote:I don't own any Al-bums
The only one in existence is that owned by "Weird Al" Yankovic. It's my understanding that it's firmly attached and not for sale or rent.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
amzo39
Off The Deep End
Awards: Everything

Post by amzo39 »

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA
Was in the shower when it got leaked. almost spinned my ankle & dead with my head crack opened #StealMyGirlLeaked #StealMyGirlIsPerfect
NMRodo
Occasional

Post by NMRodo »

Way behind here, but I recently obtained a copy of Running With Scissors, and if I may...

The Saga Begins: 10/10 - I friggin' love this song. Not only do I like the song American Pie, but the parody's lyrics are so catchy I can't help but sing along. And I don't really like Star Wars all that much.

My Baby's In Love With Eddie Vedder: 8/10 - I have to be honest and say I didn't know who Eddie Vedder was until after I heard this song and was obligated to look him up on Wikipedia. Despite this, the song gets funnier as it goes on, and is pretty enjoyable. Your typical Al song poking fun at a relatively harmless celebrity.

Pretty Fly For A Rabbi: 8/10 - For some reason, Al thinks he can make his fans laugh by inserting a bunch of Yiddish into a song. Well, he's at least partially right.

The Weird Al Show Theme: 9/10 - It's short, it's goofy, but I really like this song. Although, I think the music goes on for a little too long after the last line.

Jerry Springer: 6/10 - Well, it's definitely one of Al's edgier songs. I don't really care for it, nor do I care for the show itself. I like the melody however, although I guess that ought to be attributed to the original song.

Germs: 8/10 - Wow. This has got to be the creepiest song I've ever heard about something you teach 5-year old kids about. Regardless, I enjoy listening to it every now and again.

Polka Power!: 9/10 - This is one of my favorite polka medleys. Hearing Al take a song and polka-fy it is a lot funnier when you've heard the song in its original, boring, un-polka'd form.

Your Horoscope For Today: 8/10 - This song has grown on me since I first listened to it. The first time I heard it, I thought, "Yeah, horoscopes, whatever." But I think about the horoscopes more and more each time I hear them, and now I think this song is great. I like my horoscope a lot, and I don't doubt it will happen. :P

It's All About The Pentiums: 9/10 - No explanation needed, hm?

Truck Drivin' Song: 10/10 - While it's not my favorite Al song, I still love it because it starts off like a perfectly normal "truck drivin'" song. You can't even expect a twist from the title. Then the high heels line comes in, and it becomes hilarious.

Grapefruit Diet: 8/10 - The fat jokes stuck in are similar to those of Fat, but I like the original song and the lyrics are still pretty funny.

Albuquerque: 10/10 - See It's All About The Pentiums. Also, one of my favorite lines: "'Nah, I want you to cut off my arms and legs with a chainsaw!' So I did."
Insomnia
Occasional

Post by Insomnia »

The Saga Begins: 9/10 While I'm not a Star Wars fan I still like this song, and the original song is a classic. Weird Al does this song justice.
My Baby's In Love With Eddie Vedder: 6.5/10 It's a pretty average song
Pretty Fly for a Rabbi: 5/10 This song just seems so uninspired it's just basic yiddish words it's been done a million times
The Weird Al Show Theme: 5/10It's the Weird Al Show theme, it's uh ok I guess. It serves it's purpose as a theme and doesn't really work as a stand alone song imo
Jerry Springer: 8/10 One of the funnier songs on the album also probably the dirtiest Weird Al song
Germs: 7/10 Orginaly I didn't care for this song but it's grown on me, I don't find it too funny and it drags on a bit too long imo. But it's still good
Polka Power: 10/10 One imo the best Polkas everything just sounds so great
Your Horoscope for Today: 9/10 Such an underrated orginal, it's very funny and so freaking catchy!
It's All About the Pentiums: 7/10 There isn't too much funny in this one I think it's pretty overrated song
Truck Driving Song: 5/10 I find this song to be somewhat dull and one note, nothing too bad but nothing to rave about in it.
Grapefruit Diet: 6/10 I just don't really find this song to very funny but it's very catchy so there is that.
Albuquerque: 10/10 One of Al's best songs, very funny and catchy. The time flies by during this song it's great.