Albuquerque

Moderator: Moderators

anthontherun
Be jealous.

Re: Albuquerque

Post by anthontherun »

My friend and I went on a road trip this weekend, and we tried to compromise on music we could agree on (which, unfortunately, would not include Al). But he fell asleep on the drive today, so I decided to play Mandatory Fun and then shuffle through my Al collection. He was out of it for a while, at least until we got to "AAAAHHHH GET EM OFF ME GET EM OFF ME!!!!!!!" at which point he was startled awake in the most hysterical manner possible.
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

For my family road trip to New Mexico two months ago (mentioned on the previous page), I made a point to play this song through the car's speakers from my iPod as we were approaching Albuquerque on I-40 (with one other geographically relevant song for our trip, Chuck Berry's "Route 66"). Unfortunately, my parents had a virtual non-reaction to the music, though it's not like they hadn't heard it before, either.

Just in case anyone's wondering, we mostly just passed through ABQ, only actually leaving the car at the base of the Sandia Peak Tramway (which we rode to the summit, a welcome change of scenery from the desert below), at a friend's house, at a Mexican restaurant (Sadie's), and, on the way out, at the Rio Grande Nature Center, because a birder's got to bird. None of which are mentioned in the song.
Muppetboy09
Obsessed
Awards: Best Emoticon (Animated)
Best Emoticon (Non Animated)
Best New Member (2010-2013)

Post by Muppetboy09 »

Leonard Nimoy has passed away at the age of 83
"Be the climate, not the weather." -Al Yankovic
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

I had a chance to impress people with my knowledge of a word "sauerkraut". There's was Mozilla localization hackathon in Lithuania recently, a lot of guys (and one girl) from all around the Europe came to it. We were eating out and people got interested what a lithuanian sign "Soup of the day: Sauerkraut soup" meant. I translated it, and a German guy was like "oh, I see", but all the rest were like "sour what..?" :lol:
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

mellow weasel wrote:"Soup of the day: Sauerkraut soup
:vomit:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

TMBJon wrote: :vomit:
I like sauerkraut soup and sauerkraut in general :great:
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Sauerkraut soup huh? I don't mind it on hot dogs.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
mellow weasel
Obsessed

Post by mellow weasel »

Yankomaniac wrote:Sauerkraut soup huh?
Super easy to make. Just boil sauerkraut in a rich meat broth (may add some meatballs if you want it fancy), boil potatoes with peels, peel the boiled potatoes, and eat it together.
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

Now that sounds pretty damn good!
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
LaikaComeHome
Die-hard Fan

Post by LaikaComeHome »

anthontherun wrote:My friend and I went on a road trip this weekend, and we tried to compromise on music we could agree on (which, unfortunately, would not include Al). But he fell asleep on the drive today, so I decided to play Mandatory Fun and then shuffle through my Al collection. He was out of it for a while, at least until we got to "AAAAHHHH GET EM OFF ME GET EM OFF ME!!!!!!!" at which point he was startled awake in the most hysterical manner possible.
That's awesome. Reminds me of back when I was sixteen when my friend woke up my other friend by blasting the Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi theme song.

I love this song, it's so epic, absurd and hilarious!

"I! HATE! SAUERKRAUT!"

This and The Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota are just super fricking epic.
Fan since 2007. Blossomed from casual fan to Algal in 2016. 9/14/16-<3 Mandatory Fun Tour at PPAC
--
Tumblr url is rock-a-noodle for those who want to hmu.