Albuquerque

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Re: Albuquerque

Post by Big Spoon »

Ha.
And Peggy
Wizzerkat
Off The Deep End

Post by Wizzerkat »

A kid who is losing his sight wants to see certain places. One of those was Albuquerque because Al..

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/Texa ... 41511.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Is my dude a dweeb?
QuantumError
Requiescat In Pace

Post by QuantumError »

I hope they aren't disappointed when they actually see it......Al sure talked it up nice.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

hey
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Cameron the Taco
Occasional

Post by Cameron the Taco »

Upon watching High School Musical for the first time in years, I realized it takes place in Albuquerque. Do you think any of them ran into Al at the Sizzler?
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

Al recently talked about this song in an article where he talked about 17 of his songs (is there a thread for that article? I've been searching the forum but couldn't find any such thread), and he mentioned that when he did this song, he didn't expect the fans to listen to it more than once, because of its length. And that was true for me at first.

When I first got Running with Scissors, I listened to the whole album in one sitting, and then I didn't listen to Albuquerque again for a few months. Though this is also true for many of the later songs on the album. Part of that can also be due to me letting somebody borrow the album shortly after getting it and not getting it back for a whole month, and within getting it back I decided to listen to the songs I hadn't listened to much, and realized that this song was a really funny one (after listening to it the first time I don't think I was really paying much attention, and don't think I could have told anybody anything about the songs content within a minute of listening to the whole song).
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

weird user wrote:Al recently talked about this song in an article where he talked about 17 of his songs (is there a thread for that article?
Entertainment Weekly
avesjohn
Obsessed

Post by avesjohn »

Surprised I haven't posted in this topic yet.

This is a song I first heard before I was a full-fledged Al fan. My dad had burned it to a CD to fill up the space, and we'd often listen to it on long rides in the car (which this song is great for). So when I finally bought Running With Scissors, "it's the one with Albuquerque" was one of the main motivators for buying the album, along with "The Saga Begins" and obviously "completing my Weird Al CD collection."

On another note, in a few weeks, my parents and I will go on a road trip to Santa Fe for a wedding, with a visit to Albuquerque in the days afterward. I am obviously looking forward to it.
yankochick38
Be jealous.
Location: The comfort of my own home and Weird Al's chest hair

Post by yankochick38 »

As someone who lives in Albuquerque I can tell you for a fact that everything mentioned in this song is absolutely true.
Weird Al Yankovic is one busy daddy
YNN: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUOwVDpf5zQrXyKPPJWxs-Q
I abused my power and learned nothing!
-Alicia
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I could go for some nice ashtray soup right about now...
And Peggy