My Baby's In Love With Eddie Vedder

Moderator: Moderators

weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

Accordion to the lyric book for RWS, the underline words are suppose to be "slacker", not "rock star".
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Al sings the word "slacker", not "rock star".
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Eddie Vedder is a jerk. I can't help but love this song, even though I'm sure Al's intention was not to slight him.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Well, Well, Well @ Jan 2 2007, 06:59 PM wrote: Eddie Vedder is a jerk. I can't help but love this song, even though I'm sure Al's intention was not to slight him.
Yes, he even apologizes to him in the booklet. A completely unnecessary step, if you ask me.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NerdyNyara27
Off The Deep End

Post by NerdyNyara27 »

I seem to be good at bumping these song discussions tonight...

This is one of the songs on RWS that I love but my friend doesn't care for (doesn't hate, just... doesn't care for). Admittedly, I fell in love with this song after seeing the performance of it on WAY Live!, and I do like that hip movement in the instrumental break - not to mention the look on Al's face! So yeah, I don't know what I would have thought if I'd heard the song on its own first. But I do like it, and the fact that it is an accordion-rich track is an added bonus.
'Hey, I'm the Doctor, I can save the universe using a kettle and some string! And look at me, I'm wearing a vegetable.'
Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

I absolutely love this song too. Overall it's just a great song both musically (love that accorion, and Al's voice!) and lyrically (it's a great take on "alternative" 90's culture. The other day my wife listened to this song and her response was "He's hot" (meaning Al, not Eddie Vedder). Who would have guessed I married an Al Gal?!
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
Alinite27
Off The Deep End

Re: My Baby's In Love With Eddie Vedder

Post by Alinite27 »

Met Eddie Vedder yesterday in Chicago. We were both out at Wrigley Field for Ron Santo's statue unveiling ceremony. He was a pretty cool guy. Asked him very briefly about Al's song. He said that he thought it was great and that Al was a hilarious guy. Then, talked about our Cubbies.

Also, on a side note, I got to meet Brian Murray, Bill Murray's brother. Him and Eddie hung together some at the ceremony. Anyway, both of them were cool dudes.
crazygurl14
Obsessed

Post by crazygurl14 »

Geez man, you really get around. You some how are always meeting someone or intresting lol

And to stay on topic, I was just listening to this cd a few days ago. I dont know if it is becasue this cd is special becasue its when I became an Al fan or if its if just plain really good but this song and the whole album is one of my faviorites.
Concerts i have attended:
memorial day 2000
july 27, 2003
august 22,2004
june 27, 2007
May 29, 2011
July 8, 2016
March 26,2018
July 3, 2019
ACTUALLY GOT AUTOGRAPH & HUG
6-27-13
After show autograph 7-3-19
Al-gal since '99
Yankomaniac
Off The Deep End

Post by Yankomaniac »

I played the Running With Scissors album non-stop the summer of '99. Along with Offspring's Americana which was huge that year. It was like Star Wars all summer. The movie, and all the Star Wars soft drink cans. That was a great summer, with Running With Scissors on 24/7.
What a racket they're makin', Jack, they keep me up at night playin' their electric guitars!!
joseyklein
Obsessed

Post by joseyklein »

I played RWS so much between '99 and 01' that it literally wouldn't register as a CD anymore, got rid of it finally but kept the case cause the band signed it.
...our neighbors septic tank was the closest thing we had..