Poodle Hat Spoilers topic

Moderator: Moderators

freedomfries
Occasional

Hardware Store

Post by freedomfries »

OneNote: Hardware Store is by far the best song on the ALbum (IMHO). I'm not familiar intimately with what Phish sounds like, but what I heard was classic Weird Al, but during the Bridge before the rap, I heard some elements of Linkin Park (tell me if anyone hears that)...then the rap sounds a lot like - 1 - that "life is a rock, let the radio hold me" song" (MGM and Warner Bros, RCA and all the others) but for some reason I'm hearing a little nod to "American Life" by Madonna. Anyone agree?

Mike (can't wait till tomorrow)
tempforte
Occasional

Post by tempforte »

Yeah, Hardware Store is fantastic. The interplay between the different vocals in the chorus has to be heard to be believed; it's easy to see why they chose to include an a cappella mix as a bonus!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

That means once I've learned the songs and can sing them, I can do a karaoke kinda thing

Good point. :)
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OneNote
Occasional

Re: Hardware Store

Post by OneNote »

OneNote: Hardware Store is by far the best song on the ALbum (IMHO). I'm not familiar intimately with what Phish sounds like, but what I heard was classic Weird Al, but during the Bridge before the rap, I heard some elements of Linkin Park (tell me if anyone hears that)...then the rap sounds a lot like - 1 - that "life is a rock, let the radio hold me" song" (MGM and Warner Bros, RCA and all the others) but for some reason I'm hearing a little nod to "American Life" by Madonna. Anyone agree?

Mike (can't wait till tomorrow)

Dammit.

*bounces* Only 14 hours till I get my hands on it and hear it for myself.

I love Linkin Park. I'd love to hear he did a style parody of them.
marko d
Occasional

Post by marko d »

Automatic circumcizers... *shudder*
POODLEHAT
Occasional

couldnt

Post by POODLEHAT »

as im sure many of u did as well, when i 1st saw the spoiler topic, i said to myself, i said, "I want the ALbum to be a surprise completely. Im gonna use my tremendous will power, and fight off the urges! Be strong...You can do it!!!!!!!!"

of course here i now am, knowing each track title and lyrics, and having heard one song, an knowing all of the bonus stuff...just thought i would share with u my will power for the next time u think u need someone to do something, but just not to touch that bug red button
biscuit

30 second clips of album

Post by biscuit »

You guys might already know about this, but in case in you don't, you can go to Best Buy's website and search for the Poodle Hat album. They have 30 second clips of each song. Nope...can't wait til tomorrow. Luckily, I work next door to Tower Records. I'll be there first thing!!
SirHaakon
Occasional

Post by SirHaakon »

Not only is Al one of the most creative and amazing musicians around, his band is unbelievable as well. I truly appreciate Al's original stuff for the music just as much as the funny lyrics. I'm not sure how much of the actual music itself (chord progressions, style offerings, improv performance) comes from the band (vs. what Al gives them), but I think it's always amazing. I for one am extremely elated that there are instrumental tracks of the originals included as a bonus, especially since I think these are some of Al's best original songs in a long time. Kudos to both Al and the band; I'll be there bright and early Tuesday morning to pick up my copy!
Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

Hey Biscuit,

Thanks for the tip about BestBuy.com! I downloaded all the samples and now I'm inspired to locate my nearest 24/7 Super Wal Mart and pick up the album A.S.A.P. Thanks!!!!!!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Genre: Spoken Word

Guess Al's trying to get back in the Grammy running :D
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?