ahem... the album's done...

Moderator: Moderators

alfever
Occasional

Post by alfever »

Then it must have been a tour. Thanks Bermuda! :) :) :)
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

There have been commercials for tours, but not specifically for albums.

Well.... there were at least two commercials for "The TV Album." I have proof, I have them on tape!

But for the rest of the albums I don't ever remember seeing commercials unless it was in connection to a concert.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I have a legal question...

Best Buy occasionally runs TV ads showcasing the latest albums. My question is, do they need permission from the record label to advertise the album? I'm sure they do if they use part of a video, but if they just say at the end, "Weird Al's Poodle Hat is on sale May 20" and show the cover, is that ok?
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Re: poodle hat

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

And lastly,but not least find a website that is beyond our time zone i think al-cholicsanonymous.com is one of them not sure can't remember(on may 19th) and check the website at 9pm or 12am(may 20th next day at midnight) our time, and you will find all kinds of good stuff like lyrics, song names, hidden goodies on the cd. And you won't be spoiling anything or surprises because it will be the day the cd comes out anyway. Then you just have to resist the urge to stay up thinking about the cd till you go the store you pre-oredered it at and untill they open at 10am. The torture,but hey this torture has a good feeling to it lol.

Get real! Al-oholics Anonymous will not post any early info. Every time I look at that site, all the "news" is second-hand common knowledge stuff they skimmed off Bermuda's official Al site...
Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

Al-oholics Anonymous (I just checked) most recent news item dates to March 18 and says the new album is definitely coming out May 20, but they don't know what the title is yet...I think someone is paying them to act stupid and like they don't know anything...
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Around Father's Day last year, I saw a commercial for GH I & II. It was pretty stupid, I have to admit. "Why not get your father something WEEEEIRD this Father's Day?!" Said the voive-over guy with a poor American accent. At least they had some clips of videos in the background.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

But if the fan has the CD in the first place and can play it on another system or Walkman®, what purpose is achieved by also having it on the computer?
For me, there are two main reasons: 1) All my other sound options suck. I get pretty good sound with my puter and earphones. 2) Al is almost always my muse whilst working on my computer graphics.
Said the voice-over guy with a poor American accent.
That struck me as funny. I don't usually think of American as an accent. I know, I know. I don't get out often enough...
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Re: ahem... the album's done...

Post by Dr_Dad »

You see, the problem is that most of us fans became real fans somewhere in 1999-2000, when all ALbums were released, so we haven't follow up Al's work for those years.

:dontgetit:

*ahem*

Speak for yerself, Seva, moi droog ....

I"ve been listening to the good Dr. D in syndication since the mid-1970's when they featured legendary artists as Fred Blassy, Larry Groce, Frank Gallup ... and some young pups named Alfred Yankovic ["belvedere Cruising" and "School Cafeteria"] and Jon Schwartz ["Mr. Ghost Goes To Town" and "The Ballad of Woodsy Owl"].

Whatever happened to those guys some 25 years later, I wonder .... :rolleyes:

Dr. Dad

[okay, granted, I may have only recently become a rabid Al fan ... but I was there at the beginning ...]
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

and some young pups named Alfred Yankovic ["belvedere Cruising" and "School Cafeteria"] and Jon Schwartz ["Mr. Ghost Goes To Town" and "The Ballad of Woodsy Owl"].

That brings up a question I have been meaning to ask... Did Young Master Schwartz write those songs? I think I heard one JS song on Dr. D a few months ago. Well, it may have been one of those Sundays that either WKIT wasn't streaming, or my puter wouldn't let me hear it, because I can't remember the song. And I think I would remember it if I had heard it.

A million questions... and Ask Bermuda is closed :cry:

Did I mention that my timing as a fan is really bad? But with the upcoming release of Poodle Hat, I feel much less left out...

Woo Hoo!
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

and some young pups named Alfred Yankovic ["belvedere Cruising" and "School Cafeteria"] and Jon Schwartz ["Mr. Ghost Goes To Town" and "The Ballad of Woodsy Owl"].
That brings up a question I have been meaning to ask... Did Young Master Schwartz write those songs?
I'm 99% certain he did, Scotti. Remember, that's the whole reason Jon was there at radio station KMET on that fateful day on September 14, 1980 -- to promote his own songs. And the rest, as they say, is rock and roll accordion history .... :choon:

[though, Bermuda, please ... correct me if I'm wrong! ... :nervous: ]
I think I heard one JS song on Dr. D a few months ago. Well, it may have been one of those Sundays that either WKIT wasn't streaming, or my puter wouldn't let me hear it, because I can't remember the song. And I think I would remember it if I had heard it.

The last time the good Doctor played a tune by Jon Schwartz [and not ERIC Schwartz, BTW] was on last year's Halloween show [#02-42 - October 20, 2002], when "Mr. Ghost Goes To Town" was played. And BTW, that's NOT Bermuda singing in the song; the vocals are by David Miller.

Dr. Dad