ahem... the album's done...

Moderator: Moderators

weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

I only have one thing to say:

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!11111111111

I can't wait for it!
b-whales
Occasional

Post by b-whales »

Congratulations and thank you for getting the album done! I can't wait! :biggrin:

b-whales (who just noticed that Al head by her name off to the left...)
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Wow!

Bermuda, thanks for keeping us abreast of what's going on. And doing it while you were working such long days.

I am a very recent fan, but I can say that Al's (and TBITB's) work just keeps getting better and better. I expect Poodle Hat will be a Triumph of Weirdness. I can't wait to get my grubby little paws on it!

Thanks again Jon, for all you do. And when you see Al again, can you give him a collective "Woo Hoo!" from all of us?
JKaudio
Occasional

Post by JKaudio »

First, THANK YOU Bermuda for keeping us informed (yet not spoiling any surprises).

Secondly, It drives me nuts to know that the songs are done and exist in this world, yet I can't hear them :nervous: I mean, they are out there waiting for us fans to sink into our ears, minds, hearts, and funny bones... and to make a point to say that Al is very proud of the album, OH MAN! I am definitely taking a vacation day on May 20th!!!!!!!!!!!

-Jeremy
-Jeremy
alfan727
Occasional

poodle hat question(not pertaining to any songs or titles)

Post by alfan727 »

I was wondering if it would be ok to play the cd when I bought it on my computer. I know some cds have something on them that can ruin your computer if you stick it into the cd rom drive. I heard that chers album will ruin you computer, and it had to put a warning out about it. I know it will prevent burning illegal copies,but for some of us that like to listen to music on our computer to look for hidden tracks and stuff, it would bite to find out the hard way that it will ruin the computer.Thanks. :bigups:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Is that even possible?

I would hate it if I can't play it on my computer. That's where I listen to most of my AL music.

And no, I don't file share.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

This is great news. I'm hoping for the international release to be May 20 as well, so that my MSN name isn't incorrect (right now it's simply "30 DAYS!!!!") and so the international audiences don't have to wait longer.

Oh, and thanks to Scottidog for the nifty avatar!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Oh, and thanks to Scottidog for the nifty avatar!

De nada.

QUOTE I know many of us don't even need to listen to the album to already be proud of you.

I agree. As much as I have hated waiting, I have known all along it would be worth the wait. All of you do good work. You give your best to any project you are involved in. I have really come to respect and admire all TBITB.

Actually, the waiting and speculating has been kinda fun. Not as much fun as listening to Poodle Hat, but more fun than a root canal.

Can you tell us now? Will there be a polka medley?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Re: poodle hat question(not pertaining to any songs or title

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE I was wondering if it would be ok to play the cd when I bought it on my computer. I know some cds have something on them that can ruin your computer if you stick it into the cd rom drive.

I would really hope there isn't a mechanism on the CD that will do that since, as you said, people like to see if CDs have computer extras (as on RWS....hope I didn't spoil that surprise for anyone at this point). And I think both Al and his label know that a lot of his fans are computer-savvy, so it would be only natural that they would want to play the album while using the computer.

I would say go ahead and chance playing it on your computer when you get it.

QUOTE I know it will prevent burning illegal copies

Well, the simple solution to that is don't try to burn one.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Burning a backup copy isn't illegal, is it? I never play my originals after the first time. They stay safely in their jewel cases.