ahem... the album's done...

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Re: ahem... the album's done...

Post by scottidog »

BTW, that's NOT Bermuda singing in the song; the vocals are by David Miller.

Well, of course. We all know Bermuda only sings when absolutely necessary.
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I didn't write the songs I sent to Dr. D back in the 70s.
Cartunedude
Occasional

Post by Cartunedude »

I don't recall any TV commercials specifically for Al's albums, I'm not sure what promotions - if any - are in the works for this one though.

I remember seeing a Best Buy commercial for RWS about a month or two after it's release... I only saw it one time, and unfortunately, I didn't have a VCR handy, but it showed clips from the "Fat" and "Smells Like Nirvana" music videos, and said something about Al's career spanning 20 years, then it showed a clip of "The Saga Begins" video, mentioning that it's available on RWS. It was a nice commercial.

-Darth C. Bob

:stupid:
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I remember seeing a Best Buy commercial for RWS about a month or two after it's release... I only saw it one time, and unfortunately, I didn't have a VCR handy, but it showed clips from the "Fat" and "Smells Like Nirvana" music videos, and said something about Al's career spanning 20 years, then it showed a clip of "The Saga Begins" video, mentioning that it's available on RWS. It was a nice commercial.

I saw that one too. I believe I saw it anyway. It said something like "Every generation has a legend, every (something else I don't remember) has a (ditto), every song has a parody" I'm pretty sure it's the one, it had the same Fat clips.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I guess I missed that, must have been busy or something that summer...
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Now that I think about it, it was one of those cheesy mail order type deals. "Order now and get a free poster!!!!" Yeah. Free...untill you take into account overpaying for the cd *and* shipping and handling. The content of the commercial was the same though. I really wish I taped it. I'm pretty sure it was on during one of my many attempts to get "It's all about the Pentiums" on tape late at night.

I guess I missed that, must have been busy or something that summer...

You're just not trying hard enough. :D
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

It said something like "Every generation has a legend, every (something else I don't remember) has a (ditto), every song has a parody"

It would make sense if it was "every saga has a beginning", because of the song title, and it's quite similar to the line they used to advertise Episode 1.
Dr_Dad
Obsessed

Post by Dr_Dad »

I didn't write the songs I sent to Dr. D back in the 70s.

:crazy:

Oops ... I stand corrected, then. My apologies.

But, Bermuda, I'm confused ... [yes, more than usual ...] ... if you didn't write the songs and you didn't sing them, then what was your involvement with the songs? :dontgetit:

Doc
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I didn't write, but I did sing the lead on Woodsy Owl, sang backup on Pico & Sepulveda (in the intro, our version was otherwise an instrumental) and also appeared as the voice of Mr. Ghost... sort of a guest 'rap' in the middle of the song. I played drums on and recorded P&S and Woodsy, and produced & recorded Mr. Ghost (no drums on that.)
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

Thanks for the info Jon. I was kind of wondering the same thing dr. Dad was.

Cid