ahem... the album's done...

Moderator: Moderators

weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

*just read weirdal.com*

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!!111111 Al's home movies! This should be good!
Johnnytimewarp
Occasional

Post by Johnnytimewarp »

Bermuda,

Will there be a radio single from the album issued four days before its release like you guys did with RWS? If so, can I get a copy? I DJ at WFCS 107.7 FM in New Britain, CT...

http://hometown.aol.com/timewarpofwfcs

Anybody else (Al fans),

If ya got spoilers, I want 'em so I can blab about 'em on my show. A lot of my fellow diversity department DJs at WFCS are big Al fans and play his stuff every week...
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

I don't know when a single will be issued, but Zomba will be servicing radio, so you'll need to follow-up with them.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

A week later, the label made their first issue of the CD art: a silhouetted version, as if the cover was a big mystery to anyone smart enough to check weirdal.com

Hmm....that would be interesting to see, unless I'm thinking of something completely different.

As far as wanting to announce spoilers on the radio, Johnnytimewarp, wouldn't it drive more interest to say that the contents are a tightly-guarded secret? I'm just saying there shouldn't be any reason why you can't mention the album on the air already, right?
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

One way I've heard of discs being kept from being cd-rom readable is by putting errors on the disc that only cd-rom's should pick up.. it confuses them. There are multiple ways of doing it and some have been cracked. I kind of doubt Poodle Hat will be protected like this though.

-Marcus Brannon

Hey Marcus, long time no see...erm...I mean chat. Good to see you're alive and well................ :D

~Allison
marcusb
Occasional

Post by marcusb »

Hey Marcus, long time no see...erm...I mean chat. Good to see you're alive and well................ :D

~Allison

:D! Hey Allie! Good to see ya too! I've actually just been lurking on here for a while.. I gave up on the actual newsgroup.. but I still show up on IRC fairly regularly..

-Marcus

"For dry, red eyes, clear eyes is awesome."
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

A week later, the label made their first issue of the CD art: a silhouetted version, as if the cover was a big mystery to anyone smart enough to check weirdal.com
Hmm....that would be interesting to see, unless I'm thinking of something completely different.

This is it (a small version that is...) -

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

This is it (a small version that is...)

That looks pretty cool for a teaser (although I can't figure out why Bela's outline is "slumping" over).

T'anks for posting it!
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

Innocuous silhouettes, indeed. :)

Thanks for posting that, Bermuda!

-CindyBob
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

As far as wanting to announce spoilers on the radio, Johnnytimewarp, wouldn't it drive more interest to say that the contents are a tightly-guarded secret? I'm just saying there shouldn't be any reason why you can't mention the album on the air already, right?

All I know is, JTW, I want the spoilers posted HERE when you know about them (with proper spoiler-space for those who don't want to know, of course). Me, I want all the spoilers I can get! I love having an idea of what to expect on the new album! Nothing wrong with knowing song titles or who might be parodied ahead of time...it's actually HEARING the songs on May 20th that will be the ultimate payoff! It's just like a good movie trailer gives you a taste of the movie and gets you pumped up for the final product. Nothing wrong with that, in my opinion. Being too secretive drives me crazy!

Meadows