Poodle Hat (was ALBUM NAME!)

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Fun facts

Post by Elvis »

Further attention to detail (or "fun facts"):

- There is no NYC subway that connects Times Square to the Brooklyn Bridge.

-The Brooklyn Bridge stop is actually in Manhattan.

- Riders can pick up the J M Z 4 5 or 6 train at the Brooklyn Bridge. The 6 train starts at the Brooklyn Bridge, while the others just pass through. If Al were riding the 6, the other sign would say Pelham Bay Park which is in the Bronx.

- No lines start at Times Square, but the Times Square stop is connected underground to the 42 Street stop, so riders can pick up the A C E N Q R S W 1 2 3 7 or 9 lines there.

- The D line is actually orange, the L line is actually grey, and the A and E lines are actually blue, same as the cover.

- There are no P O H or T lines.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

QUOTE Maybe that's why Al named it that.  Just to hear Carson Daley introduce Poodle Hat.

Haha that'll make him look stupid. Wwell actually making Carson Daley look stupid is NOT a very hard thing to do
bermuda
Be jealous.

Post by bermuda »

QUOTE Flashes aren't needed anyway.  The stage is bright enough and flashes only light up the area immediately around you anyway.

Thanks for pointing that out, that's very true. Many well-meaning fans have submitted flash photos from the audience with terrific shots of the heads in the few rows in front of them, but a relatively dark stage. If they'd turn the flash off, the stage would look great, and any heads in the shot would be innocuous silhouettes.

Great album name... "Innocuous Silhouettes"
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Re: Fun facts

Post by scottidog »

- The D line is actually orange, the L line is actually grey, and the A and E lines are actually blue, same as the cover.

I am humbled by your attention to detail! Hail, O Uber Trivia Meister!

Speaking of attention to details...

Starting with CD's numbers, as of today (04/04/03) it has been 1,375 days since the release of Running With Scissors. Not counting the actual release date of Poodle Hat, it will be 1,427 days between AL-bums. (Does this mean I get a listing on the 27 list, Dave?)

That is, if my calculations are correct. Dad, you wanna get your calculator back from Whizzi and check my math?

What's Al been doing all this time. Besides, ya know... Touring With Scissors, getting married and producing an heir???

I guess he had to wait until Bela was ready for her close-up...

8)
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

What's Al been doing all this time.  Besides, ya know... Touring With Scissors, getting married and producing an heir???

I'm reasonably certain that all those activities were collaborative efforts.

Especially the last one.
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

Im srry but.........i dont get it. :blush:
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Well, if you use all the letters Dave mentioned and put them in order, you get "Poodle Hat" *Of course, you have to double one.* I had to think for a minute, but then I got it. Dave, you're too good!

Patti

:stupid:
alfever
Occasional

Post by alfever »

Maybe AL took a long time because he needed to get another label? I know I’m off topic but do you think AL-bum 12# will come quicker since AL has a label and is settled?
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

QUOTE Well, if you use all the letters Dave mentioned and put them in order, you get \"Poodle Hat\" *Of course, you have to double one.* I had to think for a minute, but then I got it. Dave, you're too good!

Patti

:stupid:

ooooooooooooooooooooooooohhh. Ok i understand now. much appreciated. thx.
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

QUOTE Maybe AL took a long time because he needed to get another label? I know I’m off topic but do you think AL-bum 12# will come quicker since AL has a label and is settled?

no Bermuda would post it on weirdal.com if AL had a chnage in record label because he announced it when he switched to Volcano.