Poodle Hat (was ALBUM NAME!)

Moderator: Moderators

stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I know the UHF DVD came out early for many people because of the store FYE? Is that it? Something like that. I don't know, I don't have one near me.

-CindyBob

:stupid:
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE I know the UHF DVD came out early for many people because of the store FYE?

I don't think it was chain-wide. I think just a few individual stores didn't pay attention to the street date.
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Yeah. I got it early because I got it shipped directly from the MGM factory (I love my contacts) but the pre-release date doesn't usually happen because stores get big time busted and get fined.

Eric
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

nt know about fined, but if they break street dates often enough, the publisher will stop supplying them with new releases until afte the product is ot a week or so.

Also, B&N.com has Poodle Hat for sale as a cassette too for 12.98

Mike
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE the pre-release date doesn't usually happen because stores get big time busted and get fined.

Oh yes....studios are very strict about their street dates. From my days in retail I recall reading little warning sheets stressing that titles be kept in the backstock until their dates. Sheesh...all that for Mary Kate and Ashley movies!

I'm not sure if this technology has spread to audio/visual items yet, but around the time "Star Wars Episode II" came out, something was done to the UPCs of the toys to prevent them from being sold before their set launch date. When scanned the register read-out would say "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 4/15," or whatever the date was.

Items coming out before they're supposed to is just a result of both the laziness of the stocking staff and how high-profile the item is. I mean, there's a better chance of "Summer Rental: The Special Edition" sneaking onto shelves early than there is of "Daredevil."

This is by no means a new idea, but if you're dying to get the album as soon as possible and every store in your area is not putting it out early, you can always go to the 24-hour superstore of your choice (your Super K-Mart, your Wal-Mart, etc.) at midnight and make a B-line for the music section. If it's not out yet, just ask the stockperson for help and explain that they can bring it out now.

That is, if you can FIND a Wal-Mart employee in the store at midnight....it's like looking for Waldo!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Just perusing the gallery at The Mothership.

It looks as if Bela's photo was taken at a different photo shoot than the one Al did in Feb.
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Yeah, prerelease for "Hot Wax Zombies on Wheels" and "Breakin 2, Electric Boogaloo" would be smaller than Spider-man and Harry Potter, which actually had 1 800 numbers for date breaks.

The 2 quoted movies are real too. "Electros rule the dance floor now, sucka!!"
themariomaniac
Occasional

Post by themariomaniac »

Does anyone know if there were any songs that al wrote or recorded with thye band that were left off PH?
DETROIT2NYC2PARTY2KILL
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

There were none. Al always tries to include every song recorded on a CD because well... studio time ain't cheap.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
childofthespiral
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by childofthespiral »

Here's an odd one for ya. I bought my copy of poodle hat about 4 days ago. When I was getting it, I noticed it had a piece of black tape-sort of thing on it. This cd was new, never opened. I asked the clerk what they thought it was, and they told me it was probably supposed to be like that. I knew it wasn't, it was the only copy, and I really wanted it, so I bought it anyway. I love the cd and it plays just fine, but the cd liner doesn't open due to the black thing. Here's a pic: http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n272 ... /cdpic.jpg

I took it back to the cd store and they told me I'd have to wait a week or so to exchange it as defective. My question is, should I jokingly list it on ebay as an oddity, in honor of the song ebay? Or should I just return it? I don't wanna keep it, because I want to be able to read what's inside.
mind=blown
Oh, the secrets we keep