Poodle Hat (was ALBUM NAME!)

Moderator: Moderators

weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

I hope that one of the first questions Al is asked in interviews promoting Poodle Hat, is aside from Suzanne and Joel, what significance do the other characters have? I'm especially interested in the African couple.

I had a theory that they may be in some way representative of the songs on the CD, but there are no lepers there.
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

Weird_El wrote:QUOTE I had a theory that they may be in some way representative of the songs on the CD, but there are no lepers there.

Well, It's not guarenteed that PATLC will be on the Album. So perhaps your theory is correct?

Cid
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

QUOTE I'm not seeing Chelsea in that one at all Bobbi.  

Maybe it's the hair... Although you may be right. I googled for a Chelsea pic and is seems that her hair has been long, curly and blonde... just not all at the same time.

:huh:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Well, It's not guarenteed that PATLC will be on the Album. So perhaps your theory is correct?

Cid

Bermuda said it was, or was I hallucinating again?
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Bobbi, you're right. Bermuda said in a thread in this Forum that PATLC was going to be on the cd.

Patti
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Oops, I reread your post and realized I was looking at the wrong girl. I was looking at the one on the cover's left, not Al's left. I still stand by what I said that she looks more like Joan Osborne than the former first daughter, but I can see where you are coming from. It's the curly blond hair thing.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Re-reading this topic...

QUOTE And RWS was on the shelves in a few areas a couple of days before the official release date.  Where were these stores??

QUOTE The sooner I have Album #12 in my hands the happier I will be. Yep, I wanna skip right over Poodle Hat and get on to the next one.

QUOTE Great album name... \"Innocuous Silhouettes\" Or perhaps, at long last, the Band could have a name: "Weird Al" Yankovic and the Innocuous Silhouettes.

QUOTE although I suppose Al & Suzanne might have another child... I hear that the learning curve is not quite as steep with #2Is that for raising the child or the production of same? :blush:

QUOTE Poodle Hat track listing:

1. ÞÞ9·99Þ9Þ9~·9·~ ~ ~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ÞN99

9ÞÞÞ¶·R-UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

:/ ·?Q9+E °<CV2ÒK;

NO CARRIER

Where's my super secret Poodle Hat decoder ring? Where's my super secret Poodle Hat decoder ring?

QUOTE does anybody else think the blonde woman at the far left has a slight resemblance to the junior senator from New York?

Perhaps a little... but what would she be doing on a Subway?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

QUOTE QUOTE And RWS was on the shelves in a few areas a couple of days before the official release date.  Where were these stores??

Well one was in or near West Caldwell, NJ, where I got mine. And I remember a few other people getting it a day or two early too. I remember it clearly because we were on #weird-al discussing the album (in #weird-al's equivalent of PM, so as not to ruin it for those who didn't want to know) and I was teasing others by mailing them 10-15 second or so sound clips of the songs completely out of context.

Ah, I was so evil! :sly:

Dave
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

QUOTE QUOTE does anybody else think the blonde woman at the far left has a slight resemblance to the junior senator from New York?

Perhaps a little... but what would she be doing on a Subway?

Getting in touch with the people?

That, or going to see Bill in Harlem.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

QUOTE although I suppose Al & Suzanne might have another child... I hear that the learning curve is not quite as steep with #2Is that for raising the child or the production of same? :blush:

I meant RAISING the child, silly. Production details are strictly their business.

Although I suppose that the process my father once referred to as "trial and error, and error, and fumbling in the dark" does have a learning curve too. :blush: