Hardware Store

Moderator: Moderators

savannalynn27
Regular

Post by savannalynn27 »

flusher5 @ May 10 2008, 09:47 PM wrote: they did the same with the weird al show theme song i think, at least they changed the pitch.
kylan and I can sing the theme song. it took us a while to learn it, but we have it now. :)
See you cats on the flip-flop,lateeerrrr
Did you know you can shop online?!-Sami
He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life
kyky27
Off The Deep End

Post by kyky27 »

addictedtoyankovic @ Jun 10 2008, 11:00 PM wrote: Because she's secretly plotting to destroy you by mentioning your name on this forum. WATCH OUT!!!!!
oh no!!! i hope i can destroy her first :ph34r:

and yes BS thats true too.....

Savanna it took me like the 2nd time i heard it!! YOU took so long to figure it out! :P
"Did you see Journey to the Center of the Earth?"
"I did!"
"Me neither...wait..."
"You had that planned didn't you?"
"..yeah.."
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Why do people always refer to this as being one of Al's "list songs?" Yes, I know that the third verse is a list of hardware store items, but the first and second verses aren't. Sure, the third verse is the part of the song that people tend to remember the most, but there's still a lot more to this song than the list.
And Peggy
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

It is a list song, but unlike most of Al's list songs, he's not trying to be funny with the list itself. The joke is how fast he sings it.
http://nuclearbubblewrap.bandcamp.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Melquizio
Die-hard Fan

Post by Melquizio »

I was thinking that myself a while ago, BS.

And also, I never knew for sure that Al sped the bridge up when he recorded it. I just thought he could sing that fast :P

(Well, I assumed it....)
"How do we know you're not just as filthy, sent by him to nick the ring by being filthy, when you've lulled us with your filthy Eastern ways?"
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

weirdojace @ June 08, 2009 07:42 pm wrote: It is a list song, but unlike most of Al's list songs, he's not trying to be funny with the list itself. The joke is how fast he sings it.
Well, I suppose it's not reasonable to expect a male to think that an "automatic circumciser" is funny. :ph34r:
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
dynaboyj
Occasional

Re: Hardware Store

Post by dynaboyj »

The complexity of the vocal arrangement does not just appear in the bridge of listed tools. The second part of the chorus is also rather hard to sing. What is it? "I'm going (yes I'm going) I'm-a going to the (going to the hard) going to the--yeah, I'm going going to the hardware store!"
Iamabrawler
Die-hard Fan

Post by Iamabrawler »

Yeah, well, if you really try you can say it alone... whenever I try singing it it comes out something like:

I`m going yes I`m going I`m-a-going to going to the hardware, I`m going yes I`m going,to the Hard I`m going to the Hard yes I`m going to the Hardware Stooore!

For someone who translated it... I had to sing it, so I undid a few background things so that anyone can sing alone (and along, XD). But my tongue almost burned out during the third part.

That`s the fastest Al song. One of my all-time favorite because of its complexity. Look on Youtube, almost everyone says it`s impossible to sing!
"So I went in my garaage, got in my care
And I drived, talking with my blue teeth
My boyfreind told me don't cree
Come to my houss, don't worraye,
we'll talk about this togeedurr."
weirdajs
Occasional

Post by weirdajs »

Read this whole thread and didn't see anything about this. Here goes I guess. Does anyone think the Home Improvement T.V. show theme song is a parody of this song? I always wonder about if it was a parody of the show's theme song. Everytime I watch Home Improvement keep thinking of it.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

For so many reasons, I would have to say no.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.