Hardware Store

Moderator: Moderators

Sanny
Occasional

Post by Sanny »

I also enjoy singing the bridge to YHFT and ISSOY. Actually, I'm So Sick Of You dosen't really have a bridge but I do like the whole thing with "And when you ask me what I'm thinkin honey usually I'm thinkin how I'd really like to tie your head completley up in duck tape so I woulndn't have to listen to you askin me those stupid questions over and over agaaaaaiin!" type of thing...
~
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I can't sing the bridge to Hardware Store. :( I haven't really tried lately. Maybe if I sat down with the lyrics sheet and took a deep breath. Or not. hehe! Kudos to everyone who can do it! :thumbsup:

Patti
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Re: HWS

Post by Driew_La_27 »

QUOTE I was sort of getting the impression that the bridge was edited together with separate takes.  I read a comment from Al somewhere that it would be difficult to do that song live (that one and GIF-that one I understand).

I believe what Al said was that it'd be to difficult to do it in one shot. It'd be near impossible to do it in one shot. Espescially (not spelled right) during the bridge. Al wouldn't do a song that he thinks he might be able to do. He wants to give his audience 100% perfection! Also if we can do it (not me but other people) in one breathe than he can.

Like you said--GIF and HS would be to difficult to do in concert.

Driew[/i]
In hiding since 2010
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

QUOTE QUOTE Since I'm not an English-speaking person, that song, especially the bridge, really helped to improve my language skills (as all of Al's songs!). :biggrin:  

Hey, you are an English-speaking person! You're just not a native speaker of English!

I, on the other hand, am not any kind of speaker of Russian. :(

Sorry, a little bit out of topic, just an answer to OE:

Sorry, you can't name yourself a "not any kind of speaker of Russian". After all, you DO know the word "vodka", though that's definitely not the best thing we've produced. (duh!) :( And, if you've ever watched "Clockwork Orange"(not the best I could name, though) or "Fish Called Wanda" (that's better), you're also familiar with our language. So, improve it! :biggrin:

Back to topic. Hey, I really didn't know Al hasn't made the whole bridge! But I'm an optimist, so it don't upset me - I'll keep telling my friends that Al is so genial that he's able to sing a 30-second bridge. Can I? :blush:

SEVA.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Sorry, a little bit out of topic, just an answer to OE:

Sorry, you can't name yourself a \"not any kind of speaker of Russian\". After all, you DO know the word \"vodka\", though that's definitely not the best thing we've produced. (duh!)   I also know "nyet," "troika" and "glasnost" although if you plopped me down in St. Petersburg that wouldn't even get me a cup of coffee or directions to the ladies' room. :P

QUOTE Back to topic. Hey, I really didn't know Al hasn't made the whole bridge! But I'm an optimist, so it don't upset me - I'll keep telling my friends that Al is so genial that he's able to sing a 30-second bridge.

Al is genial, although the sense in which you've used it-- as an adjective to describe someone who's very good at cerebration-- is obsolete.

gen·ial1 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (jnyl)

adj.

Having a pleasant or friendly disposition or manner. See Synonyms at gracious.

Conducive to life, growth, or comfort; mild: “the genial sunshine... saturating his miserable body with its warmth” (Jack London).

Obsolete. Relating to or marked by genius.

Obsolete. Of or relating to marriage; nuptial.
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Thanks! :D

OE: That's your English lesson for today-ay-yay-yay-yay-yay-yay!

Seva: That's your Russian lesson for today-ay-yay-yay-yay-yay-yay!

but could you explain what "troika" means???

:sly:

SEVA.
doggans
Die-hard Fan

Post by doggans »

I could if I had it memorized, but I don't yet. :P
"Wow, another triple negative!"
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

I played Troika in eigth grade band.

Wasn't it some sort of sleigh ride? I seem to remember lots of sleigh bells...:blush:

Yes, I know I'm not only OT, but wayyy off base..

~*Cat*~

:stupid:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

but could you explain what \"troika\" means???

:sly:

I believe it's a sleigh that has three horses hitched to it. You probably don't see many of those in downtown St. Petersburg these days.
Seva
Obsessed

Post by Seva »

Correct folks! :D But OE, duh, we had a lot of them during our 300th anniversary.

Wow, it's nice to see so much knowledge of Russia here! (though who am I kidding - Al fans are the smartest people in the world!)