Poodle Hat - The 4 Year Project?

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Poodle Hat - The 4 Year Project?

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I was just at my local neighborhood Borders Book store. They have these knew "Borders Recommends" signs that they put up near products that they think are good and they want people to buy. Well, as I usually do when I'm at a store that sells CDs I visited the "Weird Al" Yankovic section to check up on their stock (I don't know why I always do this!). Above the copies of Poodle Hat was a "Borders Recommends" sign with a brief description of the album. I don't remember exactly what it said, but it was pretty complimentary. The thing that stuck out to me is that the description made it sound like Al has been doing nothing for the past four years but making a new album. I'm paraphasing here:

"...Al spent four years working on his new album...bla bla bla...12 new songs...bla bla bla...enhanced CD...very funny...bla bla bla"

What do you guys think of this.
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

I think its unlikely that B&N would care enough to research each CD they sell, but its not as bad as the last comment about Poodle Hat associated with Barnes and Noble...
Clyde the Viking
Occasional
Location: Oh, you know where I am. Mwa- ha- ha- ha- ha- cough- sputter- gag- choke!

Post by Clyde the Viking »

I'm pretty sure there was a large portion of time not working when he got married. He said he had to clean out his house, alot of work.
Egg Land Fondue?
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Not to mention, he produced an heir.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Yes, of course I know that, but the sign made it sound like Poodle Hat was all Al did for the past 4 years.
Clyde the Viking
Occasional
Location: Oh, you know where I am. Mwa- ha- ha- ha- ha- cough- sputter- gag- choke!

Post by Clyde the Viking »

QUOTE Not to mention, he produced an heir.

I thought about that, but childbirth is work for the women folk. :biggrin:

Of course there's those 1AM cravings for Peanut Butter and Jell-O Sandwiches. I mean, Al get's hungry sometimes! :biggrin:
Egg Land Fondue?
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Maybe he started writing originals back then.
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Re: Poodle Hat - The 4 Year Project?

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I was just at my local neighborhood Borders Book store. They have these knew "Borders Recommends" signs that they put up near products that they think are good and they want people to buy. Well, as I usually do when I'm at a store that sells CDs I visited the "Weird Al" Yankovic section to check up on their stock (I don't know why I always do this!). Above the copies of Poodle Hat was a "Borders Recommends" sign with a brief description of the album. I don't remember exactly what it said, but it was pretty complimentary. The thing that stuck out to me is that the description made it sound like Al has been doing nothing for the past four years but making a new album. I'm paraphasing here:

"...Al spent four years working on his new album...bla bla bla...12 new songs...bla bla bla...enhanced CD...very funny...bla bla bla"

What do you guys think of this.
Ah, hah! I actually scribbled that recommendation down in my purse notebook a week or so ago, and forgot to post it here. Thanks for the reminder!
Borders Recommends: "Weird Al" Yankovic-- Poodle Hat. Fastidious master of parody that he is, Yankovic spent four years assembling his latest witty effort. An enhanced CD, it includes not only a dozen new tracks, but also Al's Home Movies, eight bonus mixes and a photo gallery.
I thought it was very nice.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I thought about that, but childbirth is work for the women folk.

It's true that it is a collaborative effort. He was busy, uh... collaborating? *Ahem!* :blush:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I thought about that, but childbirth is work for the women folk.
It's true that it is a collaborative effort. He was busy, uh... collaborating? *Ahem!* :blush:

Thank you for not speculating on how much time that took out of his schedule. :stern:

Fortunately, the time-consumingness of RAISING Nina can be more evenly divided between her parents.

I mean "shared by." "Divided between" sounds like court-ordered custody, which may Heaven forfend, world without end, amen. :nervous: