Poodle Hat memorizations?

Moderator: Moderators

HappyBirthday1983
Occasional

Poodle Hat memorizations?

Post by HappyBirthday1983 »

So, how is everyone doing at memorizing all their POODLE HAT lyrics? I'm doing awful. In Couch Potato, Bob, Trash Day, and Hardware Store, there are a lot of strange syllable stressings, so I have problems with those. And the 8 1/2 minute song is hard. But I've just about memorized the other ones. It is fun to sing with this ALbum.
weirdalison
Occasional

Post by weirdalison »

i dont know what it is, but this album is harder to memorize than the other ones somehow. i think i listened to albuqurque only about 3 times before i had it memorized. oh well, i've got most of poodle hat memorized except for that insane list of crap in hardware store.
SilentKnight

Post by SilentKnight »

The only part from the list in Hardware Store that I noticed the first time and have remembered since is the "Automatic Circumcisers" lol.
blind lemon

Post by blind lemon »

HS is really tough to memorize, especially that list of "stuff" (I can't even THINK that fast!) But I love GIF and I've listened to it more than any other song on the CD - I've just about got that one down.
weirdojace
Off The Deep End
Awards: I think I got Best Fan Parody when I was like 15.

Post by weirdojace »

I have memorized:

Trash Day

A Complicated Song

Why Does This Always Happen to Me?

Ebay

I'm working on:

Couch Potato (getting there)

Hardware Store (everything, and HALF of "that verse" memorized! Go me!)

Party at the Leper Colony (last verse not memorized yet)

Ode to a Superhero (the 2nd verse...)

Bob (palindromes are hard!)

Genius in France (If I could do Albuquerque, this won't be a problem.)

I'm not even gonna try:

Angry White Boy Polka (I never memorize the polkas...)

Wanna B Ur Lovr (Do I even have to say anything at this point?)
Smells Like a Username
Occasional

Post by Smells Like a Username »

Yup, I've got it all memorized. iIstutter a bit sometimes while singing, but that's about it. And I was surprised, I was listening to Hardware store the other day and, not paying attention, I found myself singing the whole song perfectly. :onfire: Who would've guessed it? I even had the third verse down!

The'ver got allen wrenches, gerbil feeders, toilet seats, electric heaters....... :listen:
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I memorized "Couch Potato," "Trash Day," "Party at the Lepor Colony," "A Complicated Song," "WDTAHTM," and "Bob."

I can do all of the others if they're playing and memorized all of HS except the infamous list...
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

well I've got everything memorized it's just...my mouth doesn't move as fast as my brain...(my parents think it's the other way around....) but one day....I will be able to sing with Al and make sense!

Sarah
autrefois
Die-hard Fan

Post by autrefois »

I've only had the album since this past Tuesday (my record store got it in late despite my persistence and much to my frustration) and I haven't had much time to memorize yet. I think it will be a while before I memorize them (the older I get the harder it seems to get, and I'm not THAT old yet!!!!)

But the fact that there are so many words in these songs makes it a lot harder. I think the three hardest songs are the first two: like HappyBirthday mentioned, Coach Potato because the stressing, the number of beats and the rhyming pattern are always changing; Hardware Store is just really fast; and then Bob I would think will be hard because it doesn't tell a story. I'm happy that Al put in the singalong feature with the CD (the scrolling lyrics I mean :) )
Lauren27
Addicted

Post by Lauren27 »

I can sing along with most of each of the songs. Yesterday, I managed to spit out half of that awesome verse in HS (with the lyrics in front of me). I was just happy to understand half of what I was saying!

I did do pretty well when I did PATLC as karaoke :D

:listen: :listen: :listen: