Poodle Hat Chart Watch (was: Predictions... Billboard)

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Looking at the time gap between when RWS went gold and when it went platinum, clearly not EVERYONE who wanted the album bought it the first week. That TWS marathon that Al and TBITB did has to have helped greatly.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Looking at the time gap between when RWS went gold and when it went platinum, clearly not EVERYONE who wanted the album bought it the first week.

Yeah...that seemed like almost TOO long of a gap.

As for how well it will debut, this is a unique situation. There's no video, which is usually what promotes the album to the more-casual MTV/music audience. Yet, the Eminem news story probably caught the attention of a completely different group of people (those who don't rely on MTV for their world news).

I mentioned this in another thread, but just two days after the release most major retail stores in my area were either sold out or on the verge of becoming such. I don't recall this kind of frenzy after RWS's release.

Even if it doesn't chart as well as we all hope it will, it's still bound to get a Gold Record pretty soon.
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

yes, even if it isn't as good as we wanted, it is selling well, and is on it's way to gold.....and then on up!

Sarah
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

yes, even if it isn't as good as we wanted

What??? But???? You mean??? Oh, wait. You mean the sales. Not the album itself.

Ok, then. Carry on.
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

oops...I have this problem of not expressing my feelings fully...that's why I never did well in english....

Sarah

no the album is everything I could ever want....it's just there are some really stupid people that just don't know the genious of Al.....and won't buy the album for a while!
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

Im geussin #5.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Debut: 25
Best chart position: 14 with a bullet
I'm afraid it doesn't seem to work that way anymore. It's often the case with established artists (like Al) that the debut week is the peak week.
Really? I don't keep up with Billboard.

Anyway, if you look at how RWS did, the peak week was week 2 with weeks 2, 3, 4, 6, and 7 all doing better than the debut week.

That's kind of what I based my guesses on. They're just guesses, I could be wrong.
It's not likely it will go higher than it's debut position, because most of the people who really want it, bought it the first week.
That may be the case with other artists, but in Al's case, I think it usually takes a few weeks for people to "discover" it. Or a well timed tv special (like Behind The Music or Al TV).
But because Al and TBITB relentlessly tour to promote it, i believe it will eventually go platinum no matter how high it gets on the charts.

No doubt! I think the charts reflect the sales about 2 weeks before they are printed, or at least that's what it appears to me. If you look at when the RWS tour started, when they took breaks, when the VH1 specials and Al TV special aired and reran, they roughly follow the chart position. So, touring and tv helps in sales a lot!

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

ALthough it's unlikly to happen (but it is possible), can you imagine the fervor around here if Poodle Hat debuted at #1? I think that would be scary....
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

ALthough it's unlikly to happen (but it is possible), can you imagine the fervor around here if Poodle Hat debuted at #1? I think that would be scary....

But hey, it's still something to hope for.

For those who do not understand the magnitude of such an event, should it happen, here is a short barometer of the level of reaction if PH has a good Billboard debut:

If it debuts in the top twenty, there will be much rejoicing.

Top ten? Eyes will bug out and become heavily rubbed in disbelief.

Anything in the top five? Downright pandemonium.
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

So far Amazon has Poodle hat as its 16th best selling Album. So he will most likely get AT LEAST in the top 20. ANd that still could mean a #1 slot eventually.