Poodle Hat Chart Watch (was: Predictions... Billboard)

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

No, the leiderhosen actually was the problem. Everyone thought it was going to be all polka music, yet it wasn't. It doesn't mean I think Al looks bad in leiderhosen. On the contrary....

Patti
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

:huh:

I'm confusseled!
In hiding since 2010
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

The general record buying public were confused by the cover of Polka Party, and thought it would be just polka music. When they found out it wasn't, it didn't sell as well. Fools! They missed out!

Patti

So awesome!

Al Team #325
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

It was the punks!

Scottidog, in deep denial...
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

awwww, it's ok. I would have thought the punks would have proven that it couldn't possibly be all polka music. Not that I was ever a punk rocker, but I don't think they listened to polka music. Believe me, I'm all for Al in leiderhosen!

Patti

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

algonacchick @ Mar 11 2004, 11:09 PM wrote: The general record buying public were confused by the cover of Polka Party, and thought it would be just polka music. When they found out it wasn't, it didn't sell as well. Fools! They missed out!

Patti
Oh, DUH! :rolleyes:
scottidog wrote: Scottidog, in deep denial...

Yes you are Bobbi, yes you are....... :P
In hiding since 2010
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

algonacchick @ Mar 12 2004, 07:12 AM wrote: awwww, it's ok. I would have thought the punks would have proven that it couldn't possibly be all polka music.
It's hard to overestimate the confusability of the buying public. Just consider how many people bought Alapalooza thinking it was the soundtrack to Jurassic Park (even with a warning sticker)
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Genius in Maine
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Genius in Maine »

What about EW and OTDE?

I'm actually not surprised that PP hasn't yet gone gold, since I rarely ever see copies of it in record stores. A shame, because it's so good :(!

I think the lack of exposure (no video, ALTV rarely on, no showing at Grammys, only radio play on Dr. D's show) has hindered the sales of PH. Here's hoping it goes gold (and platinum!)
http://www.last.fm/user/geniusinmaine" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Genius in Maine @ Mar 12 2004, 11:51 AM wrote: only radio play on Dr. D's show
And of course, the show's number of stations is at an all-time low (well, maybe except for when the show first started).

Everything Al used to depend on for promotion is crumbling around him, except touring. :(
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

CatraDhtem @ Mar 12 2004, 01:47 AM wrote: Why not in lieu of a video make a quickie TV commercial?
That would have been an excellent idea. They could have made an ad and ran it on MTV, VH1, and Nickelodoeon, as well as others. My brother watches Nick all the time, and whenever some new teen act pops up, they have commercials for their albums. Aaron Carter and Play have both had ads, and they advertise those Kidz Bop CDs all the time. Aaron Carter and Play have both had success, and the Kidz Bob Cds have been bestsellers. If Volcano had advertised Poodle Hat on Nick, it would probably would have gone Platnium a long time ago. Getting Al on the Nick Magazine Birthday Bash was simply not enough advertising for the kid market. That's only one show, and it probably wasn't that popular. An ad that would run during popular shows such as "SpongeBob SquarePants" or "Fairly Oddparents" would have been much more effective.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.