Genius in France

Moderator: Moderators

Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

I absolutely LOVE GIF!! That whole song makes me laugh so hard I snort!

Um ... you meant "snork", right?? ;)

Dr. Dad

:D I sounded just like one of those cute little under water thingies with the snorkles comin' outta there heads. What were they called...hmm...oh yeah SNORKS! Oh wait. They never made that sound. But yes, I sure did! LOL! Thanks for catchin' that for me DR. Dad.

Stupidhippie

:stupid:
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

:D I sounded just like one of those cute little under water thingies with the snorkles comin' outta there heads. What were they called...hmm...oh yeah SNORKS! Oh wait. They never made that sound. But yes, I sure did! LOL! Thanks for catchin' that for me DR. Dad.

Stupidhippie

Hehehehe- Yay! Swim along with the snorks! :D

Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Dr. Dad
[wondering what his inbox will look like when he returns from a week of vacation starting next week ... yeesh ...]

Over 4000 unread posts for me (May 20 - June 7). Gonna take me over 3 weeks to catch up on all these posts, methinks.

As for GiF...the French-insulting aspect didn't really appeal to me (except the laughing). I haven't heard any of Zappa's music, but (to me at least) it is a great song.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

~looks at the picture~ I remember that cartoon! Didn't like it very much, but I remember it.

-CindyBob
Stupidhippie
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Stupidhippie »

Yes Allie, those are the cute little critters I was talking about! And the pic you posted was a GIF! HAWHAWHAW (my French laugh). And we're talking about GIF! My my. I used to watch that show cuz they were like underwater Smurfs but, they weren't quite as cool as the Smurfs. I could see AL as a SNORK. That would be too funny! Oh well. Cool pic Allie! Peace and Stupidity.

Stupidhippie

kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

I think you're right. But don't forget the snork right after the bowm ditty part. At 04:51. That's gotta be the credited snork.
By jove I think your right!!

Cid
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

overanalyze this! hehe

Post by Elvis »

(moved to Music and Record)

VH1: Poodle Hat pays tribute to Frank Zappa on “Genius in France.” But you avoid political humor.
WA: Political humor tends to age quickly. People thought “Genius in France” was political because of all the stuff going on in France right now. The song is based on the fact that Jerry Lewis is considered a genius in France. I wrote it two years ago. Some fans thought I was jumping on the “hate the French” bandwagon, but mocking the French has always been the way to go! I was bashing the French before it was cool!

(source)

Okay, just who does this song appeal to?

Al says the song is about Jerry Lewis and how the French are the only people who find him funny. So, if you're not French, why would you want to listen to a 9 minute song about some guy you can't stand?

Next, Al says he wasn't bashing France based on the latest political situation, just rather bashing France because it's France and it's what we've always done. So, if you're French, why would you want to listen to a 9 minute song about some guy making fun of you?

Seems like Al managed to write a song to offend everyone! Way to go Al, the equal opportunity offender!!

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Jerry Lewis and how the French are the only people who find him funny

Although this isn't the first time a Jerry Lewis reference has been mentioned in an Al song...

"la la la nice lady" from the newest incarnation of the Yoda Chant...

The Yoda Chant, therefore, is offensive to all non-French people.

Man, Al is on a roll today, isn't he?

-jon
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Back in the day, I used to love Jerry Lewis movies. But I'm not French. I do like their bread though. :biggrin:
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Back in the day, I used to love Jerry Lewis movies. But I'm not French.

what the...

that doesn't make sense...

wait wait, you say you're not French now but you used to like Jerry Lewis movies...

Oh ok, I get it. You used to be French.

OK everything is clear now.

-jon