Bob

Moderator: Moderators

Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I knew it was a palindrome, but that's because I saw it before.
And Peggy
ArtVandelay
Occasional

Post by ArtVandelay »

Who else thought Weird Al did a pretty good Bob Dylan imatation in this song?
I bought some batteries but they weren't included, so I bought them again.
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

I did like his imitation a lot for this song. It was very funny because it was very similar.
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

Click Hamilton Photos

Check these four out!

(The rest of the portfolio is artistic nude- NOT family friendly. But this page is safe.)
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Here's a blog post from a guy who was kind enough to post "Bob" The Movie (we all know it isn't a video, so I decided it's actually a very short movie) right below Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues." You can actually watch them simultaneously and see how close Al, Jon and Jay came to mimicking the original. I recommend you turn off the sound before you try that simultaneous thang, though. :blink:
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
weird user
Addicted

Post by weird user »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Jun 27 2007, 03:38 AM wrote: Here's a blog post from a guy who was kind enough to post "Bob" The Movie (we all know it isn't a video, so I decided it's actually a very short movie) right below Dylan's "Subterranean Homesick Blues." You can actually watch them simultaneously and see how close Al, Jon and Jay came to mimicking the original. I recommend you turn off the sound before you try that simultaneous thang, though. :blink:

So the song's 'sposed to be a parody of a movie?
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

No, Bob the song wasn't really meant to be a parody at all. It is an Al original (he just wanted to do a song of nothing but palindromes for the palindromical year of 2002, although the album timing didn't work out for that) that as he began singing it, began to sound kind of Bob Dylan-esque. So they wound up doing the song as a sort of early Dylan style homage. The "Bob" video/nonvideo/short movie, though, is a close parody of the "Subterranean Homesick Blues" segment of the Dylan documentary film "Don't Look Back." Dylan, arguably, made one of the first music videos. :P Hope that helps.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Poptronixx
Die-hard Fan

Post by Poptronixx »

ArtVandelay @ Apr 29 2007, 06:50 PM wrote: Who else thought Weird Al did a pretty good Bob Dylan imatation in this song?
Yeah, Al did a good Bob Dylan imitation :Y
ArtVandelay
Occasional

Post by ArtVandelay »

This song reminds me of the obscure Bob Dylan song "Bob Dylan's 115th Dream". Anybody notice the little similarities?
I bought some batteries but they weren't included, so I bought them again.
JEDM
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by JEDM »

I don't know if yall have seen this, but: