Bob

Moderator: Moderators

sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

success of Snoop Doggy Dogg's "Televizzle" ("cause its fun to say izzle")
Doggy Fizzle Televizzle! Yizzle, Mikizzle! Wizzle Alizzle Yankizzle is heezy fo sheezy, WOWAYizzle!
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Snoop Dogg-Latin?
Cameron Stitch
Occasional

Post by Cameron Stitch »

If you are easily offended, don't read on.

-

THE BOB VIDEO SUCKED! I don't even call it a music video. I call it a lame excuse for a video. Man, I can't believe Al would do something like this. I hate Weird Al now. You know what, I'm gonna go off and sell all my albums on eBay for MORE THAN I BOUGHT THEM FOR! Take that, Alfred!

Now here's the big one. Even if you are not easily offended, I do not reccomend you read on.

--

APRIL FOOLS! Yeah, I know, a few months late, but oh well. :P

-

But the Bob video really did suck. :mad:

MOD Edit: Because using up that much space is just obnoxious.] :huh:
weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

Was it really neccessary to use that much space just to say that?
Cameron Stitch
Occasional

Post by Cameron Stitch »

Yeah, I suppose not. I wasn't thinking of bandwidth or anything like that when I posted it. Sorry! :huh:
27central

WHOOPOO!!!

Post by 27central »

Best Al video ever. That's the final word.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Yeah, I suppose not. I wasn't thinking of bandwidth or anything like that when I posted it. Sorry!

You know you can edit your posts. But you don't have to because I just did.
autrefois
Die-hard Fan

Post by autrefois »

I just noticed something last night, and since this thread is about "Bob" I thought it would be appropriate.

I was watching UHF again this weekend and had the audio commentary by Weird Al and Jay Levey turned on. At one point (I wish I had written down exactly when!), they are talking about how they came up with certain character names, and stories or interesting facts about them. When they got to the name Bob, Weird Al mentioned the fact that "Bob" is a palindrome!

So my guess is, if my understanding of the timeframe involved is correct, they probably recorded the audio commentary around the same time or a little after Al had finished writing his original songs for PH, right? Does anyone know roughly when the commentary was recorded?

So maybe Weird Al mentioned that fact thinking, "In a year or so, after I finally get my new contract and the album is released, fans will watch this and say, 'Hey! He just mentioned Bob was a palindrome long before the song came out!' " And if he thought that, he'd be right! :) Little did he know "Bob" would become a video, too.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

weirdal.com says they started recording Bob on 3/26/02. The properties on my UHF DVD say the file was last modified on 3/27/02 (I remember because I submitted that to Elvis' big 27 list), so it looks like you may be onto something. In March 2002, Al had palindromes on his mind -- appropriate because 2002 is in itself a palindromic year.

El
rboy27
Obsessed

Post by rboy27 »

While I agree with this statement, I must point out Spacedingo was the first to recognize this in the "Cross Song Refrences" topic

QUOTE Possible Poodle Hat clue on UHF!  

The audio commentary, when Al and Jay are talking about character names and their origins, Al mentions he chose Bob, because it's a palindrome.  
Seems to me that song was sitting in one of his famous notebooks by then waiting to be recorded (Or already recorded)[/url]