Bob

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

We don't really know, scotti, but I think it can be inferred.

I know, I know... I said I was grasping at straws... We don't have an emoticon that adequately describes how I feel about there being no video.

But in my universe it still makes sense to make another video because:

1) Al must have had more than one in mind. So CP get's squashed? There should still be one more. 2) Al keeps talking about this being the first leg of the tour. So, logically, there will be at least one more leg later. Perhaps a big push with videos then? 3) Because I really, really, really want for there to be and this is my universe, remember?

But I agree that it's not likely. May twenty seven thousand angry hornets make a nest in Eminem's nostrils. :stern:

Memo to Al: If you ever, ever parody a rapper in the future, make sure you talk to them personally. Don't leave it to the peeps.
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

Well, I've heard 50 Cent is a lot friendlier than Eminem.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

But in my universe it still makes sense to make another video because:
1) Al must have had more than one in mind. So CP get's squashed? There should still be one more.
Not necessarily, because of the time pressure. Finishing up the album was a very pressured schedule, and then, this is the first time that an album has come out when Al has actually had someone to come home to other than whatever was living in the fridge. The "other" video may be the one we'll never see: Nina waving her arms around and burping and so forth.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Go ahead... burst my bubble. :P
autrefois
Die-hard Fan

Post by autrefois »

What were they talking about?

Bermuda was probably telling Jay about his plans to torture us with the picture he was going to put up at The Mothership
You're probably right!! :biggrin:
Memo to Al: If you ever, ever parody a rapper in the future, make sure you talk to them personally. Don't leave it to the peeps.
Sounds like good advice; I didn't even make the connection with the whole Coolio situation. Thank goodness Al was able to make a video of "Amish Paradise" (can you imagine a world without that video?!?).
Finishing up the album was a very pressured schedule, and then, this is the first time that an album has come out when Al has actually had someone to come home to other than whatever was living in the fridge.

Hence the song "Livin' in the Fridge"...which now that I think about it, I'm sure that's what you were referring to!

But I have to agree with the general sentiment...as much as I would love a video, I think "Bob" is all we'll get. He probably did "Bob" with his fans in mind: it's not likely to get airtime as its own video to promote Poodle Hat, so I'm happy he could get it together pretty quickly so fans have at least have a video (and a pretty good video at that!) instead of none.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

What can I say? I liked it.

This was sort of a low-tech Al video, but of course it worked in relation to what it was parodying. Outside of the visual parody, the only joke (and a good one, at that!) was the "(Harmonica Solo)" sign. Still, not bad considering what we're talking about here.

It kinda reminded me of the new video "snippets" Al did for "The Weird Al Show." Could this be some kind of foreshadowing to something grand on the horizon...? (yeah, I doubt it, too)

Over on the "Al-TV" review thread, there is talk that VH1 may be looking at this as a potential series. I'm not sure if I'd want to see something exactly like this done for an original song in each installment...unless VH1 was willing to put up the money for a full-blown, laugh-a-minute Weird Al video.
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Anything is possible, what with the almost guarnteed success of Snoop Doggy Dogg's "Televizzle" ("cause its fun to say izzle") Hopefully we get something regular, even if it is 3 or 4 times a year or whatever.

Mike
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
CyberVic

Post by CyberVic »

Don't get me wrong, the bob video was funny and it was definitely hillarious when he held up the que card for "Harmonica Solo" but it's not a video that has replay value. I can honestly I could watch any and all AL Videos as much as I want and not get bored but I don't think I could sit through Bob even twice in a row. A perfect example was when Scissors came out I watched Saga Begins about 3-4 times a day off sagabegins.com.

On the other hand I think the Angry White Boy Polka pseudo parody video was killer.
:crazy:Al-O-Holic!!!!:listen:

Obsessed with Weird Al since April 1988

Trolling weirdalforum.com since May 2003
Demented Dustin
Regular

Post by Demented Dustin »

I like the song Bob and the "video" I do not think Al intends for it to play on tv much by itself though. Nothing against Al or anything but I noticed it did not have the usual caption at the beginning and the end of the video with the title of the song, the artist, album name, label, and director as a regular video normally has. I hope there will be another video but we will see.....

Dustin
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

I seem to remember "Taco Grande" getting some airplay on MTV outside of Al TV, and that was absolutly no effort at all. But I might be remembering wrong.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?