Bob

Moderator: Moderators

Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

During a good portion of the video, I kept thinking, "Who is that with Bermuda and what are they talking about? Oh, the ability to read lips I would love!"
Isn't it traditional in these circumstances to talk about watermelon and rhubarb, or is that an urban legend?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Even though technically its a video, don't count on it getting any airplay ever again outside of AL-TV.

I don't really count it as a video anyway though because it's not being treated as a "single" so its more of like a video version of the song.

I think its also been established that no video will be coming from this album. Oh well, just sit back and wait about three more years and we'll get some videos then. And if Album 12: The Videos comes out, count on getting Bob with that...

-jon
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I think its also been established that no video will be coming from this album.

I am afraid you're right. But do we know that for sure? As far as I know, Al hasn't said one way or another. And Bermuda hasn't added to our information (except that now I know correct punctuation within quotations and such!) :P

I know I'm grasping at straws here, but I am still hoping for videos. May twenty seven thousand sand fleas take up permanent residence in Eminem's boxer shorts!

:mad:
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

May twenty seven thousand sand fleas take up permanent residence in Eminem's boxer shorts!

Truer words have never been spoken, Bobbi! I agree with you 100%! Eminem needs to lighten up! You know what I'm sayin'?

Patti

Also holding out hope for a video
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Hoo boy....

I was watching VH1 this morning and they ran a news segmant about Al. Over clips of "The Saga Begins", "Amish Paradise" and "Living With a Hernia", they discussed the Eminem problem and showed a brief interview with Al (Nothing we haven't seen or heard) and at the end of the news piece, it says (sigh):

Al has no plans to do another video instead

Don't shoot the messenger, okay?
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Hmm, that sounds more like he has no plans to do another "Couch Potato" video, instead of the one he already started shooting. Or am I reaching again, and hoping for at least one true video from Poodle Hat?

Patti
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

That wasn't the exact quote. I was just coming to edit the old post actually. But I think it means what it says. I'm pretty sure they meant other songs from the album.

The exact quote might have been "No immediate plans", but I think that also says that there is no video now and with touring starting tomorrow, it doesn't look any better.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

We don't really know, scotti, but I think it can be inferred. Here's why.

Let's be realistic. If there was to be a video, it would be of a parody. In today's market, the parodies are what sells.

All but OTAS and CP were remade into fake videos on AL-TV eliminating those. Plus, the tour starts tomorrow and if there was going to be a single to promote the tour, it would definately be out by now. Even if Al wanted to do a video for OTAS, it would be horrible commercially for him. The movie is over a year old and the original is even older (by about 20 years! haha).

Original video? Unlikely. What would lend itself to a video anyway? None of the Poodle Hat originals would make very good videos at all. Not knocking the songs tho, PH is still an amazing album.

Anyway, the tour starts tomorrow, so we'll see what happens.

-jon
BathTub
Occasional

Post by BathTub »

because Bermudas avatar looks like it has makeup around the eyes I am going with bald cap.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Ok, I'm 99% sure this is false, but...my sister's friend's brother said that if you call some toll-free number written somewhere on the album packaging (in some sort of code), you'd get sent a free VHS or DVD copy of some "Couch Potato" video that can't be mentioned because they don't want Eminem to find out.

I'm almost positive it can't be true; but I remembered how calling some number would get you The Video Collection.

Anyone got info?

(BTW, I know this is the "Bob" video topic, but since everyone's discussing if there will be a video, I put this here.)
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;