48 hours later....

Moderator: Moderators

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

UHF is one of the ones I had to special order. And Polka Party, Permanent Record and UHF (DVD) (I paid $25 for the first one! ) So yeah, I had mixed emotions when I started seeing it everywhere (including the grocery store) for under $10. :(
Aceb56
Occasional

Post by Aceb56 »

ive never found a permanant record........poo.........i really want that......nut i got a nefty story.........

Last year about a week before my birthday (I was born on the 27! of June)

i went to a mall in oklahoma city.......and that mall has three music stores in it......(didnt go to the third one).....i had 4 CDs left to find to complete my collection(i dont belive in ordering) i go into the first store......never been there before.......and immeditely look for the comedy section......i find 2 that i needed.....in3-d and polka party.......wooooooo i was so happy......i thought it couldnt get any better......well any way i walk and walk cuz my mom loves the BENIE BABIEs.....(i hate them (except pugsly))

any way we get to the next music store and with my luck....i found the last two.....The t.v. album and.....UHF.........I couldnt belive they had UHF i was so shocked.........i drained all my birthday money on al.....i happy too......i am still in love with uhf..........

the whole point i guess im trying to make is...........I FOUND UHF WITHOUT SPECIAL ORDER.....hahaha.........im sooo lucky.........now on to the Al in a box!
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

ive never found a permanant record

I found it quite amazing when the MegaMart here had Permanent Record right on their selves with the other collections of such things.

Naturally, my mom had bought it for my b-day in June a year or two ago when my b-day is December. She told me to forget she bought it for me.

Riiiiggghhhtt.

-CindyBob
autrefois
Die-hard Fan

Post by autrefois »

scottidog wrote:

You just never know where they're gonna stick Al. I've found WAY in Rock/Pop, Comedy, Children's and Easy Listening (egad!) Sometimes under "Y" but usually under "W".

This has been very annoying to me on several occasions, and sometimes the workers in the store don't know where Weird Al CDs are either. I've often wondered how many people end up not buying a WAY CD of just cuz they can't find it! Obviously the good fans will keep at it and track him down, but if you're just casually browsing you may just give up. :(
jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

I've gotten all of my Al CDs from walmart or a locally owned record store near my house (besides Peter and the Wolf, which I had to get on ebay). I've seen Permanent Record on three or so different occasions, but my parents feel that I don't need four discs of stuff I already have. I need a job, man.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I've never found Al in the Childrens or Easy Listening sections. I know if there isn't a comedy section, then Al is in the pop/rock sections just under either W or Y. Thankfully, those two letters are close to each other in the alphabet.

-CindyBob
BillyW3
Occasional

Post by BillyW3 »

ive never found a permanant record........poo.........i really want that......nut i got a nefty story.........

Ace, go to the FYE in Woodland Hills mall in Tulsa. They've got the Permanent Record, or did as of last week.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

I've never found Al in the Childrens or Easy Listening sections.

Guess I should clarify... I have only found Al in the children's section on compilation albums (like the Disney ones.) But I have found him in easy listening.

Not that he's hard to listen to, I just wouldn't put him in the same category as The Carpenters... :huh:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Not that he's hard to listen to, I just wouldn't put him in the same category as The Carpenters... :huh:

But... there's a clear working relationship between the Architect and the Carpenters! 8)

At a local Barnes & Noble, although if you look at the little bitty dividers between the CD's Al is under "Comedy," if you look at the larger signs above the racks, he's directly under "Spoken Word." Go figure.
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

But... there's a clear working relationship between the Architect and the Carpenters!

Well, yeah. If he was a working Architect...