48 hours later....

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

48 hours later....

Post by CatraDhtem »

I know there's already a "Day Two" topic, but this isn't exactly the same as a review thread (and who cares what I have to say about the album anyway).....

I took my cousin shopping today for his CD, since he told me that when he went to Circuit City after school on Tuesday, he couldn't find it anywhere.

We first stopped at that same Circuit City, just to see if maybe they had the new CDs in a different spot. Nothing! I asked the teenaged geeks at the music desk where the album was. They sold out on Tuesday!

Hmm, unusual, but maybe they didn't get that many in....or that Sunday circular really got a lot of people interested. Anyway, I then took him to the Best Buy I got my CD copies at. They had about thirty or so CDs on Tuesday. We get there and....

Nothing!

I asked one of their clipboard-holding parttimers, who checked the computer. They sold all 31 of the copies they got, and they had another 50 on order.

Trading stares of amazement, we then headed to the Coconuts where I obtained the store's only cassette copy. They had the CD in their front featured section, where only three copies remained.

This album is only 48 hours old, and three major stores within four major city blocks were almost completely cleaned out.

Is this a good sign??? Has anyone else ventured back out to stores to see if any are left?
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

I went to a store on Monday evening that puts out CDs when they get them, not the release dates. I asked the guy if he had Weird Al's new CD and he said "Had." Then he told me they sold out already, he couldn't keep them in the racks.

So, this store sold out before the CD was even released! :)

And I had to wait until Tuesday to get my copy. :(

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Re: 48 hours later....

Post by scottidog »

(and who cares what I have to say about the album anyway)

I do. I guess you didn't see my little note in the HUGE review topic.
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

Best Buy had only two or three copies on Tuesday night (in the afternoon there were at least 20).
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

I live in a little hick town in Connecticut, and while I haven't gone anywhere since the 20th, I'd imagine that there's still a decent stock of Poodle Hat around here. Everyone is into this thing they call rap.
Aceb56
Occasional

Post by Aceb56 »

Em......might have done us some good then.....U know with the Publicity Stunt.........Hmmm............We might Just have ourself top ten this year.....Go Al!.......Keep "em Coming......Go people who bought Al!....Keep 'em Buying!......Go Bella!.....Keep "em sniffing.......Grr........POODLE.........POODLE! 8)
JDTurnbull272
Addicted

Post by JDTurnbull272 »

I was garunteed by WalMart that they would have 27 or more copies on May 20th, but when I got there they had ALready been sold out ALready!!! I went to Borders to pick up a copy (even though it would most likely be 200% more than WalMart) and they had 5 left and it happened to be cheap for Borders($15.99) :biggrin: :biggrin:
The name is John, but you can call me JD! ^~^
Aceb56
Occasional

Post by Aceb56 »

Hmm.........strange i went to k-mart.....Bought mine for 11.99......Hmm.......but The rack was full...........bu tthey put it down toward the bottom of the new section........i paniced when i couldnt find it......i just wasnt looking hard enough......Curse Kmart.....FOR PUTTING IN BAD PLACE......but PRAISE THEM FOR THE CHEApEr PRICe.......but shun them for making the price low........BAH MIXED FEELINGS!
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Re: 48 hours later....

Post by CatraDhtem »

(and who cares what I have to say about the album anyway)
I do. I guess you didn't see my little note in the HUGE review topic.

Sorry, I did miss that at first. I was more or less just glossing over the review posts until I got to hear the album several times for myself....you know, to not sway what I thought.

Just because you asked, I'll try to submit a review on Friday.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Just checked Amazon....

Al's #10, and he's outselling the other two key albums released Tuesday (Staind and the Deftones)...

This is starting to get very interesting.......
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?