What's your favorite song on "Poodle Hat"?

Moderator: Moderators

MoCrzy

Post by MoCrzy »

Without a doubt...Hardware Store is the best song on the AL-bum. I can almost sing along with the lyric sheet on "The Verse". "Hooks and tackle, Grout and Spackle" screws me up every time, but i pick it up back at "tire guages, hampster cages.."
momotronic9k27
Occasional

Post by momotronic9k27 »

I like Mighty Morphin, Power Rangers In Space, Power Rangers Time Force and Power Rangers Ninja Storm( because it has a 27 and a Guinea Pig ( not a hamster, but close enough)), It varies from season from season
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Aahh! This is too hard! Okay, let's see. My favorite original is "Wanna B Ur Lovr", tied with WDTAHTM?

My favorite parody on the album is definately "A Complicated Song." Although the rest are all awesome as well!

I think Poodle Hat is Al's most well-rounded and strongest album. Some albums have really strong parodies and relatively weak originals (Alapalooza, Running With Scissors). Others have okay parodies and really strong originals (UHF, In 3-D, Off The Deep End). Poodle Hat has some of the best originals Al's ever written along with some truly outstanding solid parodies. Not to mention another great polka medley!

Jeremy
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

Gotta go with "Wanna B Ur Lover", followed by "Hardware Store" and "Party at the Leper Colony".

And, strangely, since I'm not a fan of rap, Couch Potato keeps creeping into my sub-conscious. Makes me want to watch 8 Miles (almost).

I've lost track of how many times I've listened to the CD, and I love it all! :onfire: !

It takes me a while to "make friends" with new music, like breaking in a new pair of shoes, but this CD feels like some comfy slippers. :choon:

sg
jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

I like Mighty Morphin, Power Rangers In Space, Power Rangers Time Force and Power Rangers Ninja Storm( because it has a 27 and a Guinea Pig ( not a hamster, but close enough)), It varies from season from season
I think the last time I watched was during the Gold Ranger thing about five years ago...
Makes me want to watch 8 Miles (almost).

Ha! It would take a lot to get me to see that movie. I hate saying this on a Weird Al forum, but it would take more than Al to do it!
Ratbert197
Obsessed

Post by Ratbert197 »

*Points to "Location" under name*
<-------------------------------------

THAT is why I'm not a big fan of "A Complicated Song". It's really funny, but the stereotype joke was a little unoriginal. )
Yeah, I wonder if he'll change that line if he ever plays a concert in Alabama?

Meadows

Don't take it too personally. I would find it even more funny if he said Massachussettes. (maybe even a little more accurate...maybe) And I live in MA.

I'm pretty sure he wont change the line during the concert in Alabama.
ThewEiRdOne27
Obsessed

Post by ThewEiRdOne27 »

scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

It's just way too soon for me to pick a favorite at this point. I'm not even ruling Trash Day out as good song.

I haven't reached for the skip button on any of them, but I do hit the repeat button on Hardware Store.

Someone said they didn't know what possessed Al to do a song about a Hardware Store. My guess is that he has probably done a few honeydew chores that have sent him there...

Hardware Store would have been nearly autobiographical for me if it had been an Office Supply Store. I'm an Office Supply Store junkie. I love the Sunday flyers for Staples, Office Max, Office Depot. I can spend ages in there just looking at stuff. But I have to stay away from the computer stuff or I spend money. Big money.

:dontgetit:
anthontherun
Be jealous.

Post by anthontherun »

I'm pretty sure he wont change the line during the concert in Alabama.

Knowing Al, he'd probably emphasize that line. :biggrin:
I'm ranking every Beatles song on my new pop culture blog. Check it out!
https://anthonycusumano.wordpress.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
picklenose

Post by picklenose »

TRASH DAY!! :onfire:

You can tell its destined to be a Weird Al classic that will eclipse its original source material the way "Fat" eclipsed "Bad". Is the retching chorus near the end a subtle commentary on the original song? "With a little bit of Blecch-blecch!"

I love it! I will never be able to hear the Nelly song again without TRASH DAY going through my mind!