What's your favorite song on "Poodle Hat"?

Moderator: Moderators

weirdallie27
Off The Deep End

Post by weirdallie27 »

*Points to "Location" under name*
<-------------------------------------

THAT is why I'm not a big fan of "A Complicated Song". It's really funny, but the stereotype joke was a little unoriginal.

I'm just glad he didn't say West Virginia...... ;)

~Allison
ilikecheezealot
Occasional

Post by ilikecheezealot »

I've only heard the 30-second sound clips from CD Universe (I was on a field trip for school all day Tuesday, and at school or stuck at home [not old enough to drive] all day today...my parents are gonna take me to buy the CD tommorow after jr. high graduation (FINALLY!)!)...

anyways, back on topic - based on the 30-second clips, my favorite is a tie between "Couch Potato", "Hardware Store", "Angry White Boy Polka", and "A Complicated Song". Honorable mentions include "Genius In France" and "Why Does This Always Happen To Me".

:P :biggrin:
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Considering that only Al can make me listen to rap, I'm liking Couch Potato really well, and I always grin on "Ebay" when those words "A used pink bathrobe" come out in Al's best boy-band style. But I love "Hardware Store." There's just something about the verve of it, the intricacy of the vocal arrangement and that list that just captures me. I can't imagine how they'd do it in concert, though.
jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

I always grin on "Ebay" when those words "A used pink bathrobe" come out in Al's best boy-band style.

Funny how everyone talks about the songs like they're at least five years old. But it's true, his songs are easy to get aquainted with.
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

*Points to "Location" under name*
<-------------------------------------

THAT is why I'm not a big fan of "A Complicated Song". It's really funny, but the stereotype joke was a little unoriginal. )

Yeah, I wonder if he'll change that line if he ever plays a concert in Alabama?

Anyway, my favorite parody is "eBay" and my favorite original is "Why Does This Always Happen to Me?"

Meadows
geniusinfrance

Post by geniusinfrance »

Definitely "Hardware Store." Man, how is it humanly possible to enunciate that well, in clever harmony, that fast?

This song ranks right up there with "Everything You Know Is Wrong" and is my new feel-good absurdity song after a hard day.

What kind of hard day? I'm a college professor grading finals this week, and between the grading, the stressed-out students, the vice president who wanted me to speak at her Lions Club meeting at a bowling alley, and the dean who heard I was at a bowling alley in the middle of finals week instead of being around for stressed-out students, it sure was nice to have a new tune in my head!
Poohbear27

Post by Poohbear27 »

I can not pick a favorite. The whole CD is done well.

I can say though, if you have done the enhance CD part that I could listen to Hardware Store (Vocals Only) over and over. I was hoping there would be another a cappella song, and at least we got this! It's great to hear the voices harmonize so well.

I have probably listened to it more than 27 times already. I have a hard time putting anything else in my CD player right now.
planetshadow
Occasional

My Favorite

Post by planetshadow »

My overall fav parody on this album is eBay. Basically because Im a big eBay trader and the song is just too true LOL! A++ hehe

I love A Complicated song...nice silly humor song!

and Hardware Store has got to be one of the best originals hes done. Especially with the vocals. Simply amazing!

PlanetShadow

Proud Weird Al Fan Since 1983
momotronic9k27
Occasional

Post by momotronic9k27 »

my favorite parody is Ode To A Superhero (although it did rip on power rangers and as a die-hard PR fan I was a little offended but it made me smile) and my favorite original is Genius in France
jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

Awesome, someone who admits they like Power Rangers! Not the new stuff of course... Am I right?