What's your favorite song on "Poodle Hat"?

Moderator: Moderators

picklenose

Post by picklenose »

HARDWARE STORE! :onfire: The best original Al's ever recorded! With mucho appreciation to the wonderful LISA POPEIL on background vocals!

Is it just my imagination or does Al really slip "automatic circumciser" into the litany of items near the end? I know I could check the lyric sheet but I'd rather wonder if its just my imagination!
jerrymustbeslaughtered
Occasional

Post by jerrymustbeslaughtered »

Well, what answer do you want to hear?
picklenose

Post by picklenose »

Don't tell me. I'll enjoy the mystery for a bit longer. :choon:

Thinking about Lisa Popeil reminds me of another one of Al's great originals "Mr. Popeil". Several years ago I was able to meet the lovely Miss Popeil (she gives vocal lessons in Los Angeles) and she was so nice, she gave me an autographed copy of her lp "Lisa Popeil". She's an amazing singer - as are The Waters Sisters who have been singing backup in the Los Angeles area for almost 40 years and still sound younger than ever on Trash Day!
HAAS
Occasional

Post by HAAS »

Honestly I can't decide what song is my favorited. I've played the cd forwards, backwards, randomly, and any other possible way. The parodies are all amazing and the originals are some of Al's best ever. I love Bob, Genius in France, Hardware Store, WDTAHTM, and IWBUL.
HAAS
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

parody: Trash Day....this is just.....awesome.....and it reminds me of my dad...in a town a tad bit away we had a Lowes and Home Depot open next door to each other IN THE SAME WEEK! I thought my dad's head would explode! he had to be in both places at once....

and those vocals...WOW! I've only got about 1/4 of 'you know which' that verse down! I'm still working on it!

for favorite parody...hmm.....well....I loove the 2nd verse of a complicated song, because it was unpredictable...the other two you could figure it out before, but not that! I love E-bay....cause once again...my dad...he went through a phase where he glued himself to the comp and bought the weirdest things off E-Bay...so this song is just like him (except he is the one to get sniped with two seconds left...dang slow internet!)

Sarah
crazed_jello

Post by crazed_jello »

My fav song on PH would have to be Party at the Leper Colony. It is really cool. People are offended by it but come on it's a song!!!! :yell:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

parody: Trash Day....this is just.....awesome.....and it reminds me of my dad...in a town a tad bit away we had a Lowes and Home Depot open next door to each other IN THE SAME WEEK! I thought my dad's head would explode! he had to be in both places at once....

You mean HARDWARE STORE don't you?

Hard to choose... but if you're gonna make me...

Parody: Ebay.

Original: Hardware Store with WDTAHTM? a very very close second.

Polka: Angry White Boy Polka :thumbsup:
b-whales
Occasional

Post by b-whales »

Fave Original: Hardware Store is just the best! I sing that song all the time now. I also like WDTAHTM? maybe just because it has pretty keyboard playing (I play keyboard).

Fave Parody: I guess I'll go with Couch Potato. It actually almost makes me want to go and listen to Eminem. :lookround:
Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

My top 3 that I just can't listen to enough.

1. EBAY!

2. BOB

3. Hardware Store

Plus the Polka Medley is excellent!

I like others, hopefully, the ones I don't currently like will grow on me.

Least Liked = Trash Day :P
chris23

Post by chris23 »

My favorite song is definitely Hardware Store. Favorite parody-Trash Day.

I think them rats gettin big!