video predictions

Moderator: Moderators

Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Now wouldn't it be cool to have the backstreet boys type band be the UPS drivers and they have to dance with packages in their hands as they dance into Al's house piling up the junk?

Oh, now that just reminds me of The Full Monty episode of The Drew Carey Show, with the guys dressed up as UPS delivery guys and dancing and stripping on stage and spinning their... uh... packages.

Boy, that oughta start a quick resurgence to the drool topic.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Boy, that oughta start a quick resurgence to the drool topic.

Dave

Does Drew have a drool topic here? Ewwww... I don't even want to think about it.
Smells Like a Username
Occasional

Post by Smells Like a Username »

On every album I own i think about the video in my head while I'm listening to it, even if I know it's not going to happen. And PH was no exception. The two I think would work the best are these:

Ode to a Superhero: I liked the idea about placing Al in the scenes instead of the original stars, or just remaking the scene with Al in it. That could turn out to be extremely funny. Either that or do it like the original Billy Joel video in the bar. I can see Spider man in there having a drink with the Green Goblin. :biggrin:

Hardware Store: Lately, well not really lately, but sometimes, Al starts out with a Parody video, then does an original. I think this one would be great. I already thought it out in my head: Al: Al sings the first verse in front of the unopened store, then a whole huge crowd of people runs up like it's such a big deal during the chorus, and everybody pushes open the doors and runs in and starts grabbing random tools. Then at that third verse, there will be a shot of Al from the shoulders up and, in fast-motion, picking up every tool he names. Basically the point would be that you have to ask yourself "Why is there all this commotion over a hardware store?" Ok, I'll shut up now.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

Does Drew have a drool topic here? Ewwww... I don't even want to think about it.

Haha. I meant Al and the band swinging their packages....

Oh this is going downhill fast. I'm shutting up now.

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
planetshadow
Occasional

Re: Well

Post by planetshadow »

Didn't al do the 'Amish Paradise' video even though he got a decline from Coolio?
The video for "Amish Paradise" was filmed a few days before Coolio's little tantrum.

Technically it could have been shelved after the problem started, but I don't think Al or Scotti Bros. wanted to just throw away however many thousand it cost to produce it.

Personally I think Coolio did give him permission to begin with then saw the video, thought Al was making fun of him (hairwise) and pouted like a little white girl. LOL Now theres M&M...hrm...how many people has he spoofed on? If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen white boy! LOL

PlanetShadow

Proud Weird Al Fan Since 1983
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Re: Well

Post by CatraDhtem »

Personally I think Coolio did give him permission to begin with then saw the video, thought Al was making fun of him (hairwise) and pouted like a little white girl. LOL Now theres M&M...hrm...how many people has he spoofed on? If you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen white boy! LOL

Notice it's only the rappers who have these little problems. Of all the artists out there, it's the group that already bases their songs on other people's music....
POODLEHAT
Occasional

Nelly

Post by POODLEHAT »

P. Diddy and Nelly didnt whine after rap parodies...Nelly still has some time though

YAY P. PIDDY AND NELLY!!!!!!! :onfire:
Clever_Username

Post by Clever_Username »

I have to admit- after further listens- Ebay would make a great single. For one thing, how did Al manage to make the Backstreet Boys so catchy?!

Damn you, Al!

Even though the song itself is already a few years old, having it be about Ebay makes it seem fresh. Of course, that trend is also a few years old, but by now most people have experienced the thrill of the winning bid. If he had released this song 3 or 4 years ago, most people probably wouldn't have got the jokes about feedback, sniping, etc.
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

yeah the band dressed up as backstreet boys....for some reason...I just can't see all of them as the Backstreet boys....it would have to be done just right, otherwise it would look too silly....now if there was an unlimited budget, Al could be shot in 5 different costumes (which it might not cost too much, dunno, I haven't shot many videos lately!) that would be great.....and Al could make good backstreets boys!

I'm still going for Complicated Song.......I'm sticking to my skateboard theory......

Sarah :listen:
Weird Alan
Regular

Post by Weird Alan »

The only ones that would make sense and actually get play time on TV would be 'Complicated Song' and 'Trash Day'. Trash Day will probably the next video. Sorry to say...but Blink 182 beat Al to the Backstreet Boy parody video...several years ago. Plus, his original songs just wouldn't make a comercial friendly video...so it looks like Nelly will get spoofed if he goes ahead and does a video soon.