video predictions

Moderator: Moderators

Weird Alan
Regular

Post by Weird Alan »

I'll tell you now...I would be extremley suprised if Al did something outside of Trash Day or Complicated Song. Ebay is almost out of the question. Wouldn't make a good video, and far more importantly, MTV wouldn't play a song they already played literaly a million times 3 years ago.
sarley27
Off The Deep End

Post by sarley27 »

I'm thinking Since the order on the promo sticker was Eminem, Nelly, Avril Lavigne, that's the single order. Remember RWS had Pentiums second, but Springer was never made into a video.
Work, is play. Tofutti break today.

Secrets...of...the Universe.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Wasn't Al thinking of making a vid for Jerry Springer, but was denied permission from him.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Yeah. Jerry Springer didn't want the video associated with the show because of the song's negative lyrics....yeah...like he expects a song about his show to be about his insightful "Final Thoughts"? Geez.......
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

are we even 100% sure a vid is still in the works?

Sarah

I mean, I REALLLLLY want to see one, but I think about it every day that goes by and the news is not there
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

are we even 100% sure a vid is still in the works?

Sarah

I mean, I REALLLLLY want to see one, but I think about it every day that goes by and the news is not there

I certainly haven't found anything that tells us for sure. But then I wouldn't expect to hear from weirdal.com until it/they were finished. We haven't seen much of Bermuda around here lately, so that's a good sign that the band is busy...

I don't know how long it takes to film a video. It seems like Al said somewhere that TSB was filmed over two days. If you look at the recording dates for PH there are only 3 days of actual recording.

We do know that Al is working on ALTV. But, as far as I know we don't know much more than that.

I just hope if there are no videos for PH (thanks alot Marshall :stern: ) that the Suits don't decide that they are an unneccessary expense to sell WAY albums.

I am also hoping that the hold up on the re-release of The Videos is to add whatever videos ARE made for PH will have a place to be released.

A girl can dream, can't she?
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

yeah, my only worry is, the whole band has a bit going on...they open in less than a month *does a little jig* and the Al TV thing is in the works...I just fear we might not get to see one....

Sarah

but he wouldn't torture us like that, would he? :dontgetit:
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

but he wouldn't torture us like that, would he?

You're new here, aren't you? :lookround:
sarah_yzma
Addicted

Post by sarah_yzma »

now I'm scared and confused

Sarah
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

im posting the whole article, but only the last part is relevant. I forget where i got this from, but it was a Yahoo search

Weird Al Yanks the Frogs

Alfred Matthew Yankovic, better known as Weird Al, has an original song on his new album, “Poodle Hat,” that slams the U.S.’s good friends the French.

Brought to my attention by an attentive LCR reader, the song, “Genius in France,” was written as a tribute to Frank Zappa. Dweezil Zappa plays guitar on the track.

The song lyrics make fun of France’s tendency to lionize people such as Jerry Lewis and Michael Moore. Here’s a sampling:

“I'm not the brightest crayon in the box Everyone says I'm dumber than a bag of rocks I barely even know how to put on my own pants But I'm a genius in France.”

Maybe Al got the inspiration for this next stanza from watching French minister Dominique de Villepin:

“People in France have lots of attitude They're snotty and rude, they like disgusting food But when they see me, they just come unglued They think that I am one happening dude.”

Al’s political commentary seems to go into full throttle as he says “they're puttin' up my statue by the Eiffel Tower.”

The song then repeats the phrase, “A little more to the left, boys, a little more to the left.”

The Left Coast Report hears that Weird Al’s been looking for a few extras to cast in the “Genius in France” video. No problem – there are plenty of dunces in D.C

Im not sure if its true, or if they are just trying to get in a jab at the folks in DC. Im actually eaning towards the latter, as the song is real long, and I cant really see it as a video

Mike
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ