video predictions

Moderator: Moderators

Jebediah
Occasional

video predictions

Post by Jebediah »

Here are some comments on the music video possibilities.

Couch Potato - Well, in case you've been living under a rock for the past month, Eminem won't let Al do a video, which sucks.

Hardware Store - I love this song, but the lyrics aren't as funny as most of the rest of the album. He might be able to take this idea to some interesting visuals for an entertaining video... but I think the song might be too fast for a video. The action would have to keep up with the tempo.

Trash Day - This would make an excellent video, parodying Nelly's "Hot in Herre" video.

Party at the Leper Colony - Many have complained that this is a one-joke song. I like it, but I don't want to see a one-joke video of it.

Angry White Boy Polka - This would be fun, but I doubt he'll do it.

Wanna B Ur Lovr - A video imitating Prince's style might be entertaining. On the other hand, some fans have complained that this song kinda crosses the line, and of course, a video would be even raunchier, so I don't think he should make a video of this one.

A Complicated Song - For a "story" song like this one, it would be too easy to fall into the trap of having the song simply narrate the video. I want a music video to expand on the humor of a song, not simply display it visually.

Why Does This Always Happen to Me? - See above.

Ode to a Superhero - I think it would be very entertaining to see Al dressed up as Spiderman. This would make a very cool video.

Bob - This might make a good video. Could Al's impression of Bob Dylan be just as effective visually as vocally? If he does do this, though, I hope he doesn't use a lot of backwards footage (since the song's made up of palindromes), because that would seem like he's trying to recapture the brilliance of the "Amish Paradise" video.

eBay - Again, this would make a great video. I'd love to see Al and the band imitating the Backstreet Boys' dancing. I think this would be the best video choice on the album.

Genius in France - The song is too long for a video.

What do the rest of you think?
Clever_Username

Post by Clever_Username »

My friends love the Angry White Boy Polka. Since Couch Potato is the best parody on the album, I think the option for a polka video is viable. It's the ultimate parody, and could prove to be a nice hit at parties.
CyberVic

Post by CyberVic »

Since Eminem is being a dork and not allowing Al to do the video for couch potato, I personally vote for eBay totally. I can imagine him there at a computer buying crap and USP showing up at the door with boxes and him opening with bubble wrap and while he's bidding more and more people keep walking into his house piling up the crap and doesn't even have time to open it all because he's buying the crap. Oh and it would be cool for him to be running a sniping program "SNIP-AUC PRO" or something. Yeah can't wait for a video of eBay. Along with snippes there I think yeah there should be the band dessed up like backstreed doing the dancing and stuff... ROFLMAO.

Ode to the Superhere would be funny too but only if Marvel got involved and like helped with with the special effects and actually like in the scene where spidey's mask is taken off for the upside down kiss, that it's Al's face not the original actors and stuff like that. I dunno it would be a hard video to pull off and make look good, but if he can it would rock.

The Complicated song is another one I think he should do IMO I don't mind the video following the story line of the song as long as it fit with the original video as well (haven't seen the original video for the original song). Aka if the original video for the original song IS in fact a story line video then Al should do that if it's not, then follow what the original feel is.

Another thing is I really enjoyed the parodied websites he did for running with scissors, he should do that again.

Trash Day - This would make an excellent video, parodying Nelly's "Hot in Herre" video.
My opinions COMPLETELY
:crazy:Al-O-Holic!!!!:listen:

Obsessed with Weird Al since April 1988

Trolling weirdalforum.com since May 2003
scottidog
Silver Suit Afficianado

Post by scottidog »

Well, to my knowledge there never has been a video of a Polka Medley. I seriously doubt a Polka would ever be done as a video because of the legal stuff involved. If you've read Ask Al then you know that for the Polka there is a lot of stuff involved in getting the permissions for them in the first place, then add the video aspect and getting everyone to agree on the "synch rights" would be nearly impossible. And BTW, if you haven't read Ask Al, why not???

As far as the originals, very few of them have ever made it to video. So I wouldn't look for that. However, if we did luck out and get another original done as a video, I vote for WDTAHTM?.

So of the parodies... I think, assuming permissions are granted, we can count on seeing Ebay. And if they do show Al and TBITB doing their best boy band imitation then I think we can also count on the Drool Topic being revived.

I think Ode To A Superhero would make a wonderful video. I'd like to see Al do it similarly to how TSB was done. Lot's of lingering shots of our hero and TBITB... :inlove:

But as much as I hate to say it, I think we can count on seeing the Nelly one. Because how could Al pass up something so visually recognizable as that stupid bandage on the cheek. I'd rather see the Avril song done, I think it has possibilities.
knutsen

Well

Post by knutsen »

Didn't al do the 'Amish Paradise' video even though he got a decline from Coolio?
Medemia
Occasional

Post by Medemia »

Along with snippes there I think yeah there should be the band dessed up like backstreed doing the dancing and stuff... ROFLMAO.

Now wouldn't it be cool to have the backstreet boys type band be the UPS drivers and they have to dance with packages in their hands as they dance into Al's house piling up the junk?
MDuser63

Post by MDuser63 »

According to my aunt, there is a video of Angry White Boy Polka running on MTV already. I don't really believe her, I think she must be mistaken. She's not a big Weird Al fan, but certainly knows who he is. Anyway, can anyone who gets MTV (I don't) confirm this? I'm not trying to spread rumors, just would like to know what's really going on. I would love to see a video version of eBay. I think A Complicated Song is also a good choice.
CyberVic

Post by CyberVic »

Along with snippes there I think yeah there should be the band dessed up like backstreed doing the dancing and stuff... ROFLMAO.
Now wouldn't it be cool to have the backstreet boys type band be the UPS drivers and they have to dance with packages in their hands as they dance into Al's house piling up the junk?

Lol not where I was going, but that sounds cool to LOL!
:crazy:Al-O-Holic!!!!:listen:

Obsessed with Weird Al since April 1988

Trolling weirdalforum.com since May 2003
Clever_Username

Post by Clever_Username »

I didn't think he'd ever released a polka video, but admit it- it would be worth the legal hassle. I say let's make 2003 the year of the polka!

And I love Ebay (though I couldn't stand the original), but think to use it as the first video would make the album seem dated, considering the song is already ancient in the minds of kids.

As for Coolio, I don't really remember the exact legal details, but wasn't getting his permission really more of a courtesy on Al's part? Coolio's song was itself just a reworking of a Stevie Wonder song.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

The Complicated song is another one I think he should do IMO I don't mind the video following the story line of the song as long as it fit with the original video as well (haven't seen the original video for the original song). Aka if the original video for the original song IS in fact a story line video then Al should do that if it's not, then follow what the original feel is.

Hey, how funny would it be to see Al running through a mall with no head? That song is so brilliant, it needs a video!

Trash Day would work too, but I think A Complicated Song is a lot funnier.

As for the other two parodies, I think the songs are way too old by now and wouldn't work with the MTV crowd, but they'd still be a riot! Imagine Al as ALL FIVE of the Backstreet Boys! This won't happen though. Blink 182 already parodied the "I Want It That Way" video. Perhaps he could do use ideas from several Backstreet Boys and N Sync videos, like he was planning to do for Couch Potato.