POODLE HAT REVIEWS!!!

Moderator: Moderators

DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

I do too!!!!

It don't really see why it has a bad rep!!!
Oh snap!
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

I don't know either, but someone said something a while back that speaks a little bit. They said something about how this album is basically an album of lists. (Couch Potato is one of then-current TV shows, P@TLC is a list of puns involving body parts, WBUL is a list of bad turn-ons, etc.) I still love the album, but I do understand their point.
And Peggy
ludovica64
Off The Deep End

Post by ludovica64 »

Poodle Hat is an awesome album. Whats not to like (other than PATLC) all the other tracks are excellent. The only other one thats as good or better it RWS
<º))))><.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´"Not too stupid..... Just stupid enough!"¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((º>
Jul 20th,23rd 2008
AlFest 1/8/2009
Al's Brain x20
Aug 13th,14th,21st,22nd, Dec 3rd,6th 2010
Aug 12th,14th,26th 2012
Oct 4th 2015
kyky27
Off The Deep End

Post by kyky27 »

Poodle Hat is my favorite CD. its great and i love it! its got all of my favorite songs.
"Did you see Journey to the Center of the Earth?"
"I did!"
"Me neither...wait..."
"You had that planned didn't you?"
"..yeah.."
Theguyoverthere
Occasional

Post by Theguyoverthere »

Poodle Hat definitely gives you the best value. There is no song shorter than 3 minutes ('cept Bob, but that's still a good 2.5 mins), and many more than 5 minutes. All the songs are of excellent quality, musically and lyrically. You certainly don't get jipped on this album with lousy short songs.

And Party as the Leper Colony is a great song also, it just has a sort of acquired taste. For me after I listened to it enough times, I started to dig it.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I would like PATLC better if Al had left out the verse about using his head for a dip. That's the one thing that isn't a pun, and it's just really ewwwww....
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Theguyoverthere
Occasional

Post by Theguyoverthere »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Jun 17 2008, 02:08 AM wrote: I would like PATLC better if Al had left out the verse about using his head for a dip. That's the one thing that isn't a pun, and it's just really ewwwww....
Maybe so... but he had to come up with a rhyme to follow "Hey there buddy will you give me no lip" :P
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Jun 17 2008, 11:08 AM wrote: I would like PATLC better if Al had left out the verse about using his head for a dip. That's the one thing that isn't a pun, and it's just really ewwwww....
Yay! I thought the same thing. Apart from that one line, the rest of the song is a pun-lover's treasure trove.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Theguyoverthere @ Jun 17 2008, 01:10 AM wrote: Maybe so... but he had to come up with a rhyme to follow "Hey there buddy will you give me no lip" :P
And he couldn't have come up with a music-and-leprosy pun on the word "hip"? :huh:
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Driew_La_27
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Signature

Post by Driew_La_27 »

Orthography Enthusiast @ Jun 16 2008, 07:40 PM wrote: And he couldn't have come up with a music-and-leprosy pun on the word "hip"? :huh:
Wouldn't be as funny...I love the head for dip line...it's just a song, doesn't mean he'd really do that. :P
In hiding since 2010