bonus mixes!!!

Moderator: Moderators

Caroleg
Die-hard Fan

Post by Caroleg »

Bonus Mixes really means that in addition to the songs on the CD, the purchaser gets a bonus - mixes (versions) of songs that are different than the main tracks on the album.

Ooo, the extended techno dance mix! (I really miss New Order.)

Carole
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Or maybe he'll do something like J Lo and do a rap mix of one of his songs that bears no resembalance to the original except it has the same few words in the chorus :biggrin:
OneNote
Occasional

Or perhaps

Post by OneNote »

Or perhaps we'll get different version of "Party at the Leper Colony" for different oldies artists.

Like.. the Dylan version. The Stones version. The Beatles version.

That'd be nifty 8)
uncle_nutsy

Post by uncle_nutsy »

Maybe it'll be one of his older released songs, just remixed. Like "Dare To Be Stupid (Instrumental Version)" and "Christmas At Ground Zero (Alternate Mix)" were. They were released long after their respective albums were released.

:eh:
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

But wait, aren't there only 6 originals on the album?

heh heh heh...
Geez your good. Heehee - Lovin' every minute of it!! Thanks Jon!!

Cid
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

My guess (or hope)

Post by Bruce the Duck »

This is my guess (actually more of a hope than a guess). Maybe one of the bonus mixes is of the Saga Begins. I know it's been a topic of discussion in the past as to whether Al will do a Episode 2 spoof. While I highly doubt that he would, I could see him doing a updated version of Saga Begins to include events in Episode 2. The only reason I doubt that it will be one of the 8 mixes is that he would have to pay royalties for an extra parody, reducing his profits for the album. But if we all hope really hard, it might be a new addition to the concert!

Couldn't you just imagine, in two or three years. A 20-25 minute concert version of Saga Begins as the new encore. It would cover the events all the way from Episode 1 through 6, splicing in Yoda during the Empire Strikes Back section. Then, as Al repeats the final chorus of Saga , the rest of the band starts in with the Yoda Chant, after that they all return to the chorus of Yoda for a grand finale!

Well, one can dream, right?

Jeremy :biggrin:
theparodytimes
Occasional

Dude

Post by theparodytimes »

mixes....... *DROOLS*

must get mixes.................
I smell Ice Cream!!!!!!
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

Hey Theparodytimes...I like your avitar...You might also want to mop the floor before someone falls and hurts themselves Geesh!

cid

:biggrin:
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

I remember hearing something about there being a different version of "My Baby's In Love With Eddie Vedder" ... maybe that could be one. It's one of my favorites.
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad
kidcid
Obsessed

Post by kidcid »

I know this will never happen, but I've heard that Al makes *cough* more adult oriented lyrics to his songs to play for his friends...I would give my right eye to hear one of those not so PG versions!!

Cid

*Being bad feels pretty good* 8)