Pancreas

Moderator: Moderators

mikelgb
Die-hard Fan

Post by mikelgb »

Kevbo1987 @ Aug 31 2006, 10:52 AM wrote: I found this in an old Ask Al:

That sheds some light on why Al's doing this song.
:Y good find
<-- I'll ace any triva quiz you bring on
Alucard
Occasional

Post by Alucard »

Actually, Trigger Happy was more of a Jan & Dean style parody, not the Beach Boys...
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Alucard @ Aug 31 2006, 01:45 PM wrote: Actually, Trigger Happy was more of a Jan & Dean style parody, not the Beach Boys...
Actually... it's both
Al in Permanent Record wrote: "Trigger Happy."  "I just thought it would be fun to juxtapose a Beach Boys/Jan & Dean type surf riff with a song about a gun nut.
This means something. This is important.
phanatic

Post by phanatic »

for some reason I'm hearing the tune to "Kokomo".... :huh:
Can't understand a thing they're talkin' aboot...
mikelgb
Die-hard Fan

Post by mikelgb »

phanatic @ Aug 31 2006, 08:28 PM wrote: for some reason I'm hearing the tune to "Kokomo".... :huh:
that would be great
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Actually the "Kokomo" idea sounds really possible. For one thing, the style of the song is very different from the "Trigger Happy" Beach Boys sound. And I could already see where the lyrics could go in that type of song.

You know, we need a new term, besides style parody, to describe originals which are directly based on a specific song, like "Albuquerque," TNSWC, and "Traffic Jam." These aren't parodies or an artist's style as much as they are a reworking of the original.
mikelgb
Die-hard Fan

Post by mikelgb »

Bruce the Duck @ Sep 1 2006, 03:45 AM wrote: Actually the "Kokomo" idea sounds really possible. For one thing, the style of the song is very different from the "Trigger Happy" Beach Boys sound. And I could already see where the lyrics could go in that type of song.

You know, we need a new term, besides style parody, to describe originals which are directly based on a specific song, like "Albuquerque," TNSWC, and "Traffic Jam." These aren't parodies or an artist's style as much as they are a reworking of the original.
"Style Parody" still works for me... I say it is in the style of "That one Song" by That Guy
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Wow, really good call on Kokomo. The chorus would be a recitation of various body parts, specifically focusing on the panc... I guess that's really the only way it could truly be a Beach Boys style parody, but I'm still skeptical. The source who said this also noted that there was a song that sounded just like another song she's heard but just couldn't put her finger on it.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Just feel like repeating my post from the Dual Disc Thread:

Woo hoo! I found out something!

The video for Pancreas IS directed by Jim Blashfield and NOT Thomas Lee!

I found this resume this resume belonging to a Joseph J Riso Jr, who worked for Jim Blashfield Studios. In it it says:

modeled, textured and animated a pancreas organ for a Weird Al Yankovic music video.

Now, this COULD just mean that there's a Pancreas involved in the video for "I'll Sue Ya", but I doubt it.
mikelgb
Die-hard Fan

Post by mikelgb »

Marko_The_Odd @ Sep 3 2006, 01:15 PM wrote: Just feel like repeating my post from the Dual Disc Thread:

Woo hoo! I found out something!

The video for Pancreas IS directed by Jim Blashfield and NOT Thomas Lee!

I found this resume this resume belonging to a Joseph J Riso Jr, who worked for Jim Blashfield Studios. In it it says:

Now, this COULD just mean that there's a Pancreas involved in the video for "I'll Sue Ya", but I doubt it.
Great find! :Y