Pancreas

Moderator: Moderators

weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

Maybe so it answers people's questions about the style parodies without them wasting Ask Al questions to make sure they're right.
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
this_is_the_life
Regular

Post by this_is_the_life »

So I'm kind of late in posting this, but about a month ago in biology I was taking a test and one of the questions had to do with the function of the pancreas, so of course I had to throw some Al into my answer and wrote that "The pancreas secretes enzymes and hormones and metabolizes carboyhdrates." I was tempted to write "Just for me!" after that but decided against it ... :P
"Whatever! I just don't want any liver!"
Jess
Al Team # 9827
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Well I used Tom Lehrers "The Elements" for a science test once. Who says you can't learn anything from music?
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
RobInMD
Occasional

Post by RobInMD »

Interesting!
TexMexDad
Occasional

Post by TexMexDad »

minnick27 @ Jun 22 2007, 03:24 PM wrote: Well I used Tom Lehrers "The Elements" for a science test once. Who says you can't learn anything from music?
That's absolutely true! That's why Schoolhouse Rock was such a big hit back in the 80s. the songs were catchy and you were learning something at the same time. Too bad the same can't be said for Saturday morning cartoons today.
Anything I might have said is just my 2 cents. Feel free to keep the change.
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

Hehe, I was in class one day and a girl was asking my science teacher what you could die from. She was asking about if you would die when *insert organ here* exploded. She forgot to mention our favorite organ so I said, "You can die if your pancreas explodes." She doubted me so I told her that there was a song about the pancreas. The guy next to me asked, "Weird Al?"
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
HappyGilmore
Obsessed

Post by HappyGilmore »

I gotta say, Pancreas is by far my favorite song off of SOL. Such an odd/brilliant song. Possibly in my top 3/5 AL songs ever.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

HappyGilmore @ Jun 23 2007, 10:53 AM wrote: I gotta say, Pancreas is by far my favorite song off of SOL.
Good to hear. Me too, by far.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Pickle
Regular

Post by Pickle »

Me too!!

<-- brain-dead AOLer

I agree, I just had to put it in those terms... *sigh* at least I know i'm not judged for such a horrendous reference here lol.

I love Pancreas. Just the crazy, scientific nature of the lyrics, the awesome video footage, and all the instruments and voices used. Very fun. Loved the making of feature, especially for Pancreas. The toy piano... one of my favorite instruments for the song.

*sings Ding ding ding and pretends to play piano*
English doesn't just borrow from other languages, it mugs them on the street and checks their pockets for loose grammar.
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

:huh: You actually liked the Pancreas video?
And Peggy