Pancreas

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Firelynn says that this song sounds like the Beach Boys. I'm really looking forward to this song. Al did a beautiful job capturing the Beach Boys sound on "Trigger Happy," so it'll be great to hear him do it again. And this time, he won't have ripped the idea from "Top Secret!" :P

But the title gives no clues as to the content of the song. "Pancreas?" Should be interesting. Any thoughts?
weirdalfan95
Obsessed

Post by weirdalfan95 »

When you're nearly half asleep (like me) reread the title about two or three times. I thought it was "Pancakes" and not "Pancreas". :S From hearing it's possibly a Beach Boy's style parody, it seems like it's gonna be awesome!
Al- Team #2294
August 19, 2007 Waukegan IL Genessee Theater
Marko_The_Odd
Die-hard Fan

Post by Marko_The_Odd »

Well it could be more like later Beach Boys stuff like Good Vibrations or Wouldn't it Be Nice, or anything from Pet Sounds, as opposed to the typical surf rock sounds of their earlier days. After all, Brian Wilson did re-record the album SMiLE in 2004 which was a fair sucess, so Al may have been inspired by that.
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

I'm a bit hesitant to believe it's a Beach Boys style parody, simply because he's already done that once with Trigger Happy. Also, the Beach Boys aren't very popular at all right now. Why, of all artists with interesting styles, would he choose to do a Beach Boys style parody AGAIN?
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikelgb
Die-hard Fan

Post by mikelgb »

iisryan27 @ Aug 28 2006, 11:28 AM wrote: I'm a bit hesitant to believe it's a Beach Boys style parody, simply because he's already done that once with Trigger Happy. Also, the Beach Boys aren't very popular at all right now. Why, of all artists with interesting styles, would he choose to do a Beach Boys style parody AGAIN?
same here...

is there anything you think she could be mistaking this for?
<-- I'll ace any triva quiz you bring on
mrmeadows
Obsessed

Post by mrmeadows »

Could the song just be a high-energy, poppy/fun explanation of the functions of the pancreas?

That could be funny: a dry, medical breakdown of the bodily organ set to upbeat Beach Boys-style music. Med students would love it!

Meadows
Your Horoscope For Today: Try to avoid any Virgos or Leos with the Ebola virus.
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Well it sounds entertaining in my head :lol:
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Maybe it's a style parody of Elton John doing a style parody of the Beach Boys -- Elton's been known to do that on a couple occasions. Most notably -- Someone Saved My Life Tonight.

...ya, in my dreams.
This means something. This is important.
Weird Alan
Regular

Post by Weird Alan »

Clearly, she meant to say this will be a Monkees style parody...

um.
mikelgb
Die-hard Fan

Post by mikelgb »

Weird Alan @ Aug 28 2006, 02:08 PM wrote: Clearly, she meant to say this will be a Monkees style parody...

um.
do you know something I don't?
<-- I'll ace any triva quiz you bring on