Another Sol Video?

Moderator: Moderators

DareToBeStupid
Occasional

Post by DareToBeStupid »

I still have yet to see the video that JibJab did but it doesn't count as a video like W&N does,does it? I remember Al saying that he was working on another video so is he gonna have another video coming out?
Don't Fear The Future-God Is Already There!
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

DareToBeStupid @ Nov 21 2006, 11:35 AM wrote: I remember Al saying that he was working on another video so is he gonna have another video coming out?
The consensus seems to be that the other video Al was referring to was in fact DICYO, since he still had to go in and let the JibJab folks take numerous photographs of him for use in the video.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

DareToBeStupid, Al now has the JibJab video on his myspace page. You should go check it out. It's great!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
thepowerofpolka
Addicted

Post by thepowerofpolka »

I sure hope he does another video. And, please, I really hope it is live action. Live action videos are what make Al so popular and what attracts many people to Al.

I'm not sure why Al is suddenly into animation this album (7 videos?? how'd that happen?) but I sure hope Al does at least one more live action video. For these 7 animated videos on the album, I'd rather have 2-3 live action videos.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Al fan, but most of the videos weren't that funny. Although, I found DICYO to be a little bit clever, especially because of Al as Taylor Hicks.

But, that's just my opinion. Now back to topic, I sure hope Al does another video, namely, a live action video for Canadian Idiot.
"Why would I wanna eat liver? I don't even like liver."
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

thepowerofpolka @ Nov 21 2006, 10:05 AM wrote: I'm not sure why Al is suddenly into animation this album (7 videos?? how'd that happen?)
6 were low-budget special features that Al had famous animators do for him for next to nothing. Those don't really count as "videos" the way the rest of the world knows them.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

It will be disappointing if there is not another live action video.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

I think there will be another live action video right before the tour starts. Al will want to remind people that he's around, and build up support for the tour.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Squirrelygirl
Obsessed

Post by Squirrelygirl »

I'm not sure why Al is suddenly into animation this album (7 videos?? how'd that happen?)

Al has described himself as a huge animation fan for a long time, so this didn't just come out of the blue. Probably after all these years he wanted to try something different.
AL! You ATE Harvey!? YOU ATE HARVEY/??!!
jedimom
Addicted

Post by jedimom »

Plus animation is the way to go right noq. Look at all the Flash vids out there right now. They certainly seem popular and get the attention many straight forward live-action films do not get. Look at cinema too -- Happpy Feet beat out .007, and the animated movies always seem to do well at the box office

Animation -- not just for kids anymore
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

I wouldn't say animation is the way to go right now. "DICYO" is animated, but is only being circulated online. "W&N" is not animated, but is being circulated both online and on tv. Live action gives a video more appeal and more relatable characters. And music videos are not on the same level as feature films; I don't think any associations can be made there.
taste is only something if it is yours.