Another Sol Video?

Moderator: Moderators

algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Al said DICYO will be on AL-TV in the next month, so it will be circulated on tv as well as online. He also said it would pop on tv here and there, so maybe it will be shown more than just on AL-TV.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

Why MTV, I wonder...VH1 would seem to be the better place for it. Either way, I don't think it's a tv type video. It's good, but it's somewhat amateurish.
taste is only something if it is yours.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

I edited my post. It will be on VH-1. I like the video. That's just Jib Jab's style. I don't know that it will get the same response as White and Nerdy, but I think people will like it.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

How is it amatuerish? They had a whole team of professional animators, and stocked hundreds of stills of Al's face. I guess I just don't see where you're coming from. Is Spongebob amatuerish? Ren & Stimpy?
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Amateurish in the sense that it's less professional than "White & Nerdy" because it's an animated video. It's not like I hate the video, because I don't; it's a good animated video. Maybe some people will like it more, but I doubt there will be many. Animated videos just aren't as good as live action...to me.
crazymelon
Obsessed

Post by crazymelon »

jedimom @ Nov 21 2006, 08:06 PM wrote: Animation -- not just for kids anymore
It never was just for kids. The early cartoons were played before movies in cinemas.

But anyway, I do think Al might do a live action vid. I think it'll most likely be Canadian Idiot, because it's like the only song that could be made into a video and doesn't already have one.
Kristine
Off The Deep End

Post by Kristine »

It's true that live action tends to be more popular, only because you know the artist themself spent a lot of time on it. Animations can be made by someone across the other side of the US without the artist lifting a finger. So, yes, I agree with you there, but I still don't believe it deserves to be called "amatuer".
http://www.kristinekreations.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NOW CASTING: Perform This Way, A WOWAY Fan Video
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Well, Well, Well @ Nov 21 2006, 02:25 PM wrote: Amateurish in the sense that it's less professional than "White & Nerdy" because it's an animated video. It's not like I hate the video, because I don't; it's a good animated video. Maybe some people will like it more, but I doubt there will be many. Animated videos just aren't as good as live action...to me.
I really don't think that just because something's animated, it's less professional than something that's live action. Animators put a tremendous amount of work into what they do, and JibJab has a professional staff of animators. Most animated features are every bit as professional as live action features.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

I didn't mean to use 'amateurish' in a negative way. There is nothing wrong with being amateurish. I like a lot of amateurish things. Probably too many. But despite the "DICYO" video being a good, funny, professionally-done animated video, it's not going to have the type of sucess that "W&N" had. And I attribute that to the fact that live action videos are more popular than animated videos...especially for Al. And I would like to see Al be as popular as possible; therefore, I want another live action video. That's just my opinion.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

My girlfriend really does not like the animated videos. She really likes to see Al play characters in real life, as opposed to having someone draw him. And really, Al's ability to be a (figurative) audio/visual chameleon is arguably the reason his live action videos get so much attention. He's gone from being Michael Jackson to an Amish guy to Obi Wan Kenobie to a nerd.

I (and Kathryn) really hope there's another live action video. I can't see it happening until 2007 at the earliest, though. He has to do all these award shows, Al TV, spend Christmas with his family and enjoy the new year. Where's he gonna find time to shoot a video there?
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash