Another Sol Video?

Moderator: Moderators

Keir
Obsessed

Post by Keir »

My problem with the videos on the CD is that Weird Al vids are usually also parodies and often as funny as the songs themselves. I can watch videos like "White & Nerdy", "Like a Surgeon", "Smells Like Nirvana" and "Dare to Be Stupid" over and over again. Give me another classic like those! (please?) The videos on the CD were a nice bonus, but I doubt I'll ever watch them again.
Wishing you a Twisted Christmas and a Twisted New Year!
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Bob is a video, though I understand Dave's points.

Look, here's the truth: In this day and age, "music videos" are changing form. A lot of artists (including Al) have been including a plethora of videos along with their albums as a selling tool. The music industry is in a bit of a limbo right now and as such, the classic concept of a music video is changing. I don't know if I count "Do I Creep You Out" and the animated videos as actual music videos, but frankly it doesn't really matter that much.

Back on topic, I think Al has enough clout with the execs at Volcano/Zomba/whatever that he should be able to make another video. The obvious choices are Canadian Idiot and Confessions Pt 3. I think Canadian Idiot is the most likely.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.