Something I Noticed About The Fan Reactions To Sol

Moderator: Moderators

minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

A friend had ended up in the hospital a couple months back with an attack of pancreatitis, so I emailed her this song when so when she got home she had an attack of the giggles.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ
bigdawg72987
Regular

Post by bigdawg72987 »

Muldernscully @ Aug 16 2007, 04:18 PM wrote: but easily the most skippable song on all of his albums that have a polka
Skip polkas, what, I don't understand. Polkas are some of my favorite songs on his albums. I agree that polkas don't single handedly sell albums, but definitely not skippable in my book.

As for SOL, pancreas and I'll sue ya are my least favs. DICYO and DDTS are great, I got free tickets to a nascar race where Taylor Hicks was playing, I went and listened just so I could hear the song AL parodied.
"I'm giving it all she's got, Captain" -Scotty
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

What? I would never skip a polka, and they're not just covers. They're covers done polka style, as God intended! I think Polkarama is hilarious, and I woudn't even dream of skipping it. I love SOL. I don't skip any songs. It's a pretty solid effort on Al's part. He should be proud. I know I'm proud to own a copy!
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
the8thark
Occasional

Post by the8thark »

For me my favourite songs on the album are Pancreas, DDTS and Virus Alert. I love them. But W&N is ok too.

But for me the totally skippable songs are: Confessions Part 3 and trapt In The Drive Thru. Both of them utterly bore me to tears. But overall it's a good album. Well worth the effort of importing it to get the dual disc.
Muldernscully
Addicted

Post by Muldernscully »

algonacchick @ Aug 16 2007, 08:14 PM wrote: What? I would never skip a polka, and they're not just covers. They're covers done polka style, as God intended! I think Polkarama is hilarious, and I woudn't even dream of skipping it. I love SOL. I don't skip any songs. It's a pretty solid effort on Al's part. He should be proud. I know I'm proud to own a copy!
I see what you're saying. I rarely skips polkas as well. I'm just saying that because the lyrics aren't his, it's not as much Al as the other songs on the album are. Polkarama is o.k. I know some of the songs. Not like in the old days when I knew most or all of the songs on the polka. However, I do skip Angry White Boy Polka frequently. I just don't like most of the songs on that polka.