Trapped in the Drive-Thru!

Moderator: Moderators

Hippielishus
Obsessed

Post by Hippielishus »

Oh ya, I listened to the original by R. Kelly yesterday, and I was laughing, crying, and rolling on the floor it was so funny.
2nd Runner Up Ms. Ohio.
That's my new life goal.
WesY2K
Occasional

Post by WesY2K »

Quick question and I don't know if it was asked before: are "Confessions" and "Trapped" linked?

"I'm so sorry, Debbie... I mean BRIDGET!" <- Is this a crossreference to Bridgette in R Kellys "Trapped"? Since both songs (Part 3 and the Original) deal with confessions?

I should get more sleep and a life, I know.
weird bud boogovic
Occasional

Post by weird bud boogovic »

Every time my mom heres this songshe laughs her head off. :lol:
These are my friends Papa Booley and Baby Booley.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Marshall and I had to go to the doc to get Marshall's cast off on Friday, and we stopped at Arby's on the way home. We both got curly fries, which of course reminded me of TitDT. I even sang the line for Marshall. :D I initially thought of Arby's when I first heard the curly fries line in this song, because it's the only fast food restaurant I know of that even has curly fries. Theirs are seasoned, too, and yummy.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

Something tells me this woud be news to Al: Trapped In The Drive Thru as a parable about the fall of mankind into sin. And it's OK to let your kids listen to it even though it includes the word "stupid." I hope nobody suggests she give "Couch Potato" or "A Complicated Song" a listen. :ph34r:
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Akrovak
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Akrovak »

Thanks for the link, Helen ... I won't say anything about the fact that the author sounds an awful lot like my ex, who eventually became a lesbian (no fault of my own, she just couldn't stand the onion and much preferred the tuna) ... but anyway, if it's hell that I am destined to, I'll see you all there (and I will be avoiding those over sized stones).
PMFL!
DonnaNoble
Off The Deep End

Post by DonnaNoble »

Wow, that was... in depth... I wonder if Al ever expected an eleven minute song about a dive thru to be so analyzed... :think:
Oh snap!
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I just put it in my mental category of "blog posts by people who should have been catching a few z's instead."
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Overanalyzers anonymous? We've got a live one!

Seriously. It's a song about going to the drive-thru, which touches on how couples argue when it's time for dinner. That's it. This guy has read way more into the song than is needed.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
The Doctor
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by The Doctor »

:lol: Awesome!

In a very scary way, of course.

It'd be so cool to totally over analyze more of Al songs like that.

I think I'm going to over-analyze Pancreas right now!
Silence will fall.