Trapped in the Drive-Thru!

Moderator: Moderators

Poptronixx
Die-hard Fan

Post by Poptronixx »

I wish there was a video for "Trapped in the Drive-Thru", that would be great!
weirdalisthephantomoftheopera
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by weirdalisthephantomoftheopera »

Poptronixx @ Jan 20 2007, 10:37 PM wrote: I wish there was a video for "Trapped in the Drive-Thru", that would be great!
Ya, but they wouldn't have enough time to do it. Almost 11 minutes takes a long time to shoot, and it might get boring to some people. Though watching a man and his wife suffering in a drive-thru would be quite hilarious. :D
"Beneath this pillow is the key to my release...I believe she misinterpreted my intentions entirely."

~Meli
Gadget Girl
Addicted

Post by Gadget Girl »

Yeah, police could use the video as an interrogation tool to break the perps into Confession!
Hoping the Al goodness never ends...
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

It's not just the time, but I highly doubt Zomba would be willing to finance a 12-minute video which would never get any airplay and would be most popular on YouTube all for a song which you can't even buy on iTunes. The best hope we have for this song is its live rendition. Don't discount the possibility of this song being performed in full. I know it's most likely going to end up in the Medley, but it's possible.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Larry
Occasional

Post by Larry »

My favourite part of this song is "Now tell me who's this Paul?"

for some reason.
<--That's Al going up the escalator.

Now tell me who's this Paul
Well, Well, Well
Bob Rozga

Post by Well, Well, Well »

That's probably my least favorite part. It's the only part of the song that doesn't make sense; or, at least it's something that wouldn't be said in a drive-thru.
taste is only something if it is yours.
Orthography Enthusiast
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Orthography Enthusiast »

I think the "now tell me who's this Paul" bit is a poke at the jealousy/infidelity motif that runs through R Kelly's song. I actually find it very amusing the way Al puts the jealousy thing out there, and then dials it down to something absurdly inconsequential.
"Weird Al" has a charisma that's all his own. The awkward, the misshapen, the socially inept flock to his banner.
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

That's the way I took it too, OE. I think the wife asked that question because she wanted to make sure her husband wasn't cheating on her and lying about his name so he wouldn't get caught, or she just wanted to know more about this guy who supposedly sounded like her husband.

ETA: Thanks for pointing that out, Patti!
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Technically, he only sounded like her husband. I like that part, too, actually. OE put it very well. I hadn't really thought of that, but it makes more sense now.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

The whole thing makes a lot of sense if you are familiar with the original and would probably seem pretty pointless outside of that context. But the whole premise behind parody is that you are familiar with the original.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.