Trapped in the Drive-Thru!

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I don't know. Other than "I Believe I Can Fly," I've never really been a fan of R Kelly. But I might check it out. I wonder if it's available to rent at Blockbuster.
MarsBar
Addicted

Post by MarsBar »

trippingdaisy @ Jul 26 2006, 09:03 PM wrote: i think he'll just do the first 5. the 12 chapter dvd is around 42 minutes.
Yeah, me too. It`s been said before that with the double-time, it would only be 9 minutes, and I know that I would love a 9 minute polka.
Vote MarsBar for:

Best Newbie

Most likely to celebrate Weasel Stomping Day
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Well, no matter what, you can bet the polka will NOT be nine minutes long. That's way too long for a polka or a parody. It's likely that Al has cut out parts of the songs to make them shorter.
Elvis
Be jealous.
Awards: Best Admin

Post by Elvis »

According to the tracklist it looks like the R. Kelly song is either the polka called "Trapped in the Polka!", or the parody "Straight Outta Lynwood"

I'd guess it was the parody, 1. because Chamillionaire's bulletin said Al was parodying R. Kelly, and 2. I think "Trapped in the Polka!" is just a clever title reference, like "Polka Power!" was a Spice Girls reference, and 3. it's the correct number of syllables.

Trapped / In / The / Clo / set
Straight / Out / ta / Lyn / wood

Dave
UFLM! Unverified Fan Lives Matter!
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Not likely, Dave. I really doubt he'd parody a song using a title that parodies a different song. And then do a polka whose title parodies the title of the song he did a parody of, but which doesn't contain any of said song. That would be really screwy.

Besides, with "Polka Power," at least the first song in the polka WAS the Spice Girls. Also, "Straight Outta Lynwood" is a clear rap reference. "Trapped in the Closet" isn't rap.

No, the R. Kelly song is definitely "Trapped in the Polka!" No quesiton about that.

I'm still not sure what "Straight Outta Lynwood" would be though.
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Elvis @ Jul 26 2006, 09:58 PM wrote: 1. because Chamillionaire's bulletin said Al was parodying R. Kelly
But, and I'm speaking as someone who also doesn't want a one-song polka this time, when "Alapalooza" came out, "Bohemian Polka" was being promoted as a "parody." It's possible that Al or Jay used that same "one artist = parody" rationale when they spoke with Chamillionaire about permission as a way to sort of talk up the album thus far.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
David Failure
Occasional

Post by David Failure »

I havent heard anything from R. Kelley since "I believe I can fly". haha....besides his child fetish
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

Parts of R Kelley's "Closet" are hilarious. I just heard all twelve and boy oh boy, a midget and a crossdresser? Hehe.

when "Alapalooza" came out, "Bohemian Polka" was being promoted as a "parody."

You know, that would make a lot more sense of this situation. Chamilliionaire says it's a parody yet R. Kelley didn't have many huge recent hits, so it makes sense to me.

Either way, it will be good.
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad
Ecto
Occasional

Post by Ecto »

i dunno...the one song polka....it'd kinda be like "Alburquerque" to me, only in polka form....i'd rather a mass of artists like he usually does.
Who else would you call if it weren't for the Ghostbusters?
minnick27
Off The Deep End

Post by minnick27 »

Which would make it harder to perform live. I think only the medley works well long because it is constantly changing. I love the longer Al songs, but I want quicker songs in concert.
Talking about music is like fishing about architecture- FZ