Trapped in the Drive-Thru!

Moderator: Moderators

CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Plus, it seems as if Al can have some fun with that lift in R.'s voice when he hits higher notes, which "Trapped" is sort of riddled with.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Depending on what Al does with this lyrically, this could be the ideal second single as the Trapped videos are even more ripe for parody than the songs themselves.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Okay, I've been listening to some of the "Trapped in the Closet" tracks. That's got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's even worse than "Dick's Automotive." But I have to admit that it is ripe for parody. I like the suggestion above about Al doing a movie-themed parody with this one. Especially if he targets a big epic movie series like "Harry Potter" or "Lord of the Rings." I guess it's pretty unlikely that he'd do another "Star Wars" song, though, huh?
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Bruce the Duck @ Jul 18 2006, 12:02 PM wrote: Okay, I've been listening to some of the "Trapped in the Closet" tracks. That's got to be the stupidest thing I've ever heard. It's even worse than "Dick's Automotive." But I have to admit that it is ripe for parody. I like the suggestion above about Al doing a movie-themed parody with this one. Especially if he targets a big epic movie series like "Harry Potter" or "Lord of the Rings." I guess it's pretty unlikely that he'd do another "Star Wars" song, though, huh?
While those aren't bad ideas, I think it'd be funny if Al based it all off of regular, mundane day-to-day activities, kind of like the Mad TV video.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I never saw the Mad TV video. But yeah, that would be a funny approach as well.
buff
Occasional

Post by buff »

The Trapped in the Closet "chapters" are 3:20 long each. There are 12 chapters. That's 40 minutes. That's gonna be a very long polka.

Edit: If it's a polka, that is.
algonacchick
Thanks, Patti!

Post by algonacchick »

Bruce the Duck @ Jul 18 2006, 03:17 PM wrote: I never saw the Mad TV video. But yeah, that would be a funny approach as well.
Ryan posted a link to it in the first post in this topic.

I haven't watched it yet, but I might.
4 words that Al said to me that blew me away:

"How's Problem Child doing?" - 7/12/11

So awesome!

Al Team #325
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Even with the double-speed tempo the polkas usually provide, it would still be a daunting twenty minutes. We would have to pretty much forget about hearing that live.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles
Off The Deep End

Post by TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles »

buff @ Jul 19 2006, 10:42 PM wrote: The Trapped in the Closet "chapters" are 3:20 long each. There are 12 chapters. That's 40 minutes. That's gonna be a very long polka.

Edit: If it's a polka, that is.
Cough!
The ALBUM, on the other hand, has five tracks. R Kelly Mathematicians can calculate how much that'd be as a polka....
The Office: NBC, Thursdays at 9.
If you're not watching, you're doing yourself great injustice.
Lightning7smith
Occasional

Post by Lightning7smith »

TheMeccaOfAlbinoPoodles @ Jul 20 2006, 03:05 AM wrote: Cough!
The ALBUM, on the other hand, has five tracks. R Kelly Mathematicians can calculate how much that'd be as a polka....
The first 5 songs equal app. 18 mins. So in double time that would be 9. It could work. GIF was 9.
9-16-00, 8-9-03, 4-26-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-26-06, 5-27-06, 9-28-11, 9-29-11, 9-30-11, 10-1-11, 4-18-13, 6-16-16