Polkarama!

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

iisryan27 @ Oct 7 2006, 11:40 AM wrote: Jeremy isn't like some el hugo rabid Kanye fan. We here at WOWAY respect each other's opinions...unless they're mine, of course.
Yeah. I don't know where anyone would get that impression. :huh: I said somewhere that I liked that song more than any of the others in the polka, but that's not to say that I am a huge Kanye fan. I never even bought his album, and I wouldn't. I did buy the one track off iTunes, but that's it.

And I won't even begin to go into what I REALLY think of Kanye as a person.
MarsBar
Addicted

Post by MarsBar »

Bad Mars, Mars has been naughty, Mars must be punished.

:P
Vote MarsBar for:

Best Newbie

Most likely to celebrate Weasel Stomping Day
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

Kanye is a great producer and a pretty good rapper considering his target market is about the same as Will Smith's and he pulls it off a lot better than that Big Willie. As far as Kanye as a person, of course he's got some issues to work out and his ego is way too big. I don't think he was out of line for the George Bush comments though. Sure he picked a bad forum, but I think when you watch the clip in context he was speaking from the heart and didn't mean to offend anyone.
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
Grom
Off The Deep End

Post by Grom »

Excuse me, can someone point me in the direction of the "Polkarama!" topic? Don'tcha is the most hilarious part of the polka. Just the way Al sings "FUN like me" is worth the price of the whole album as far as I'm concerned.
Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash
twinkieweinersandwiches24_7
Off The Deep End

Post by twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 »

Just noticed on the SOL page on Wikipedia (the actual wikipedia.org), on the tracklist that the name of the polka interludes is called "The Nina Bobina Polka". Didn't see it posted anywhere, so I thought I'd mention it. Not sure if it's real, though, it being Wikipedia. It's just so cute :inlove:
Stephanie
Al Team #2781
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

twinkieweinersandwiches24_7 @ Oct 13 2006, 07:03 PM wrote: Just noticed on the SOL page on Wikipedia (the actual wikipedia.org), on the tracklist that the name of the polka interludes is called "The Nina Bobina Polka". Didn't see it posted anywhere, so I thought I'd mention it. Not sure if it's real, though, it being Wikipedia. It's just so cute :inlove:
Awww...I wonder who was editing Wikipedia that day...:lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if Al did something cute like that, but at the same time I could think of reasons why he wouldn't..so I guess until we get an actual confirm, it's up in the air..

But nice find Stephanie! :)

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
MarlinsGirl
Obsessed
Awards: Best Fan Artist (PhotoShopped Material)-WOWAY Awards 4.0

Post by MarlinsGirl »

SmileyGirl87 @ Oct 13 2006, 08:11 PM wrote: Awww...I wonder who was editing Wikipedia that day...:lol:

I wouldn't be surprised if Al did something cute like that, but at the same time I could think of reasons why he wouldn't..so I guess until we get an actual confirm, it's up in the air..

But nice find Stephanie! :)

~*Cat*~
that is real, it's in the liner notes in the SOL booklet.

Terri M.
5/19/00--First Concert-Melbourne, FL
7/5/03--Orlando, FL
4/29/04--FRONT ROW, Melbourne, FL
5/24/07--I MET AL, Melbourne, FL
7/24/10--I MET AL AGAIN, Boca Raton, FL
8/14/15--FRONT ROW, Melbourne, FL
6/4/16--FRONT ROW & MET AL, WPB, FL
TMBJon
Deliriously Dedicated
Awards: Greatest Member of All Time

Post by TMBJon »

That's pretty cute. It sure beats the Ear Booker Polka, the Way Moby Polka, and whatever else he's used over the years. :x: :please:
I couldn't tell a dirt clod from a plate of caviar.
stupidsurgeon27
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by stupidsurgeon27 »

I didn't notice that when I looked through the lyric booklet before. I need to pay better attention. That is really cute!
"Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. Weird is just part of the job." -Captain Janeway
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

MarlinsGirl @ Oct 13 2006, 08:00 PM wrote: that is real, it's in the liner notes in the SOL booklet.

Terri M.
Sorry, seems I need to read the liner notes a bit better and stop drooling over the pictures in it.. :rolleyes:

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.