Canadian Idiot

Moderator: Moderators

whiteandnerdy
Regular

Post by whiteandnerdy »

Barney Slayer @ Oct 29 2006, 12:37 AM wrote: I originally thought that W&N was going to be the big budget video for this ALbum too. But after it was filmed, Al said he was about to start filming another big budget video.
Huh. In that case.....

:party:
I guess the whole point I'm tryin' to make here is...

I HATE SAUERKRAUT!
music89
Occasional

Post by music89 »

Canadian Idiot also was at number 85 on the hot 100 SINGLES chart in billboard mag, since it is a SINGLE, we will probably see another big budget video like he spoke about doing.
American Pie
Die-hard Fan

Post by American Pie »

music89 @ Oct 28 2006, 09:15 PM wrote: Canadian Idiot also was at number 85 on the hot 100 SINGLES chart in billboard mag, since it is a SINGLE, we will probably see another big budget video like he spoke about doing.
These days something doesn't have to be released as a "single" to make the Billboard Charts. With things like iTunes, if enough people download an album track, that song will hit the singles chart.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the Dark Side Of The Moon .
Whatinthe27
Occasional

Post by Whatinthe27 »

Barney Slayer @ Oct 29 2006, 12:37 AM wrote: I originally thought that W&N was going to be the big budget video for this ALbum too. But after it was filmed, Al said he was about to start filming another big budget video.
I think everyone is just getting confused by having read the Ask Al question regarding the 6 videos on SOL that was put out Sept 2. Al's answer includes him saying that he is about to direct a big budget video and Jib Jab is about to do another.. so that makes 8. The big budget video he's talking about is White and Nerdy, it's just that at that point of time W&N's title wasn't released.
Everyone keeps saying "big budget video", where else has it been said? and in the same sentence as JibJab?
I'm afraid everyone is just getting themselves excited over a misinterpetation of what he said.

- Sam
Big Spoon
Welp.
Awards: - Most Dedicated Non-Spoiler (2007)
- Best GC Thread (2010)
- Best TTR Skit (2010)
- Outstanding Achievement In Fan Parody (Recorded), Shared With The Rest Of The Minor Celebrities (2015)

Post by Big Spoon »

Whatinthe27 @ Oct 28 2006, 10:20 PM wrote: I think everyone is just getting confused by having read the Ask Al question regarding the 6 videos on SOL that was put out Sept 2. Al's answer includes him saying that he is about to direct a big budget video and Jib Jab is about to do another.. so that makes 8. The big budget video he's talking about is White and Nerdy, it's just that at that point of time W&N's title wasn't released.
Everyone keeps saying "big budget video", where else has it been said? and in the same sentence as JibJab?
I'm afraid everyone is just getting themselves excited over a misinterpetation of what he said.

- Sam
No, as stated before, Al mentioned that he was about to film another big-bduget live-action video right around the time that SOL was released Al said he was about to start filming anotehr one.
And Peggy
rws247
Occasional

Post by rws247 »

Maybe this might help:
Weird Al Yankovic Interview - Rap Music
Are there six music videos for this album?
Weird Al-Six music videos on the album, on the DVD side of the album. On top of that there's "White and Nerdy," and I'm actually shooting the video for another song tomorrow. So far there are going to be 8 videos for the album and six of them are on the album itself
Insert Coin(s) to Continue
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Insert Coin(s) to Continue »

Yes, well, he said that he'd be shooting about a month ago and we haven't heard anything else come out of that. Either way, that's pretty fishy.
Cane and Rinse: weekly thoughtful video game discussion. Give it a listen, won't you?
http://caneandrinse.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kevbo1987
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Kevbo1987 »

Well, I personally think he may have been referring to the DICYO video when he said he'd be shooting another one. Maybe there are some live-action sequences in the video. If that's the case, then it would make sense that we haven't heard anything else about it, as it's not slated to premiere until December. As for the other big budget video, did Al confirm that he was shooting it already? It could be that this video is still in the planning stages.
Oh by the way, I've cracked the code.
SmileyGirl87
Off The Deep End

Post by SmileyGirl87 »

Pre-production perhaps? Seems like he hasn't gotten past that stage with every video planned recently (got halted in his tracks during pre-production for YP and CP..)

I wish we knew what was going on. I knew there was a reason they said patience was a virtue.. O-)

~*Cat*~
Straight Outta Lynwood:

Not a speck of gristle.
ToasterBoy
Occasional

Post by ToasterBoy »

Kevbo1987 @ Oct 29 2006, 06:32 PM wrote: Well, I personally think he may have been referring to the DICYO video when he said he'd be shooting another one. Maybe there are some live-action sequences in the video. If that's the case, then it would make sense that we haven't heard anything else about it, as it's not slated to premiere until December.
You're right. Al did a photo session for the JibJab video. That's how JibJab makes their animations. With real photos. The "shooting" meant shooting those photos. There was some make-up and stuff involved too, but that's all I'll say.
Do You Have Laughter Is A Powerful Weapon Vol. 2?
Newly Remixed Al Song On It! http://funnymusicians.com/