Canadian Idiot

Moderator: Moderators

Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I think that it's still entirely possible thta the parody will be of "American Idiot," but it's a safe bet that it WON'T be about AI.
Whatinthe27
Occasional

Post by Whatinthe27 »

NNY273000 @ Jul 20 2006, 04:08 AM wrote: American Idiot's title is aready a parody on American Idle...I bet you knew this, but I should say it would be too redundant.
Then again, Al did say his new year's resolution is to be more redundant.  :P
What makes you say that?.. To me and probably everyone who has reviewed the album it's very political and the American idiots they refer to are the ones who voted for George Bush. The song is about the way things are now politically, not American Idol.

- Sam
CatraDhtem
Off The Deep End

Post by CatraDhtem »

Yes, the song and the album were very politically charged, and well done IMO, but the title itself was a pun on "American Idol." I'm sure there was some meaning behind that, probably a comment on our culture in the light of the current world and national scenes, but at this time in the early morning I'm a little too sleepy to ponder it in detail.
All Things Yankovic
http://www.dohtem.com/al" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Can't breathe like that, can you??"

Make the Rock Hall "Weird" - http://www.rockhallweird.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

Well, "American Idol" likes to publicize the fact that more people vote for the winner of their show than vote for the president of the United States of America. (Of course, what AI doesn't point out is that for their voting people can vote as many times as they want, even using repeat voting software!) So, I imagine that was part of the inspiration behind Green Day's song as well.

But anyways, this is getting a bit off topic, I think.
weird_el
Off The Deep End

Post by weird_el »

Bruce the Duck @ Jul 21 2006, 08:14 AM wrote: Well, "American Idol" likes to publicize the fact that more people vote for the winner of their show than vote for the president...
They also don't point out that you have to be a citizen who is at least 18 (and not a felon) to vote in general elections. :)
This means something. This is important.
David Failure
Occasional

Post by David Failure »

weirdalfan95 @ Jul 17 2006, 08:44 PM wrote: I doubt Al would parody Wake Me Up When September Ends... Why? Cause it's about Billie Joe's father dying in the war. Maybe Al would, but I dunno.
Billie Joe's dad died of cancer when he was a kid, sorry.....im a nerd when it comes to the gillman punk scene.

But yeah so I hope Al does a pardoy of Jesus Of Suburbia, although its very long..... its one of the best on American Idiot! But more likely he will do Boulevard...which would be good too.
GrayJ
Addicted

Post by GrayJ »

For a Green Day parody, I think Holiday would be pretty open. I just watched the video for Ridin', and I think Al's video will be awesome. I can already imagine him singing "Gonna catch me white 'n' nerdy...".
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if the wood chuck's name was Prince?
Teh Dingo
Be jealous.
Awards: YOU'RE EITHER PANTSLESS OR YOU'RE AGAINST US

Post by Teh Dingo »

Please keep Green Day parody speculation to the Green Day parody topic.
You have quickly thought up such matchless phrase?
Yankovic Farley
Addicted

Post by Yankovic Farley »

While it's probably least likely that Al will parody Holiday, I hope he does. I just feel that it's a more fun-sounding track that I could listen to over and over and over and over and over and over again.
'Who are you and how did you get in here?' 'I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.' Leslie Nielsen, as Lieutenant Frank Drebin, From Police Squad
Bruce the Duck
Deliriously Dedicated

Post by Bruce the Duck »

I know it would be unlikely for Al to parody a song about the guy's dad that died in the war or whatever, but this lyric keeps sticking in my head:

"Wake me up when the biting ends"

I know. NOt likely, but it's just a thought. Plus I like that song a lot better than BoBD.